Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:21:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  The face of the Flores/Ross ordeal.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The face of the Flores/Ross ordeal.  (Read 1408 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 17, 2022, 08:56:04 pm »

I think we probably haven't seen the last chapter of this story, because I think that what happens to Flores long term probably matters.  If he goes on to be a head coach again and flourishes and has a staff that loves working with him, I think we can put more on Ross.  But if Ross and the new coaches find success and Ross looks good from now, maybe he will be redeemed.

As it stands, on one hand, Flores is a whistle-blower who was outing Ross trying to cheat.  Flores also claimed that some teams along the way were racist.
Ross claims that Flores didn't play well with others and undermined the QB and didn't get along with the staff.

At this point, with what we know, which of the two came off worse?

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 09:04:51 am »

Before the suspension of draft pick forfeiture, I would say Flores came off worse. Probably the only Head Coach in history who kept their job after startng their 3rd season at 1-7. Undermined the team's franchise QB at every turn and his playcalling wasn't great either. However, Ross has proven to be a buffoon who has no business doing anything but waving a Dolphins rally towel around. So, it's kinda even right now.

If Flores goes onto become a good head coach and it is VERY unlikely he even gets the opportunity after he sued his old team, then in the long run he will come out better. However, if he bounces around as a coordinator, then he would have "lost".
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 03:16:49 pm »

If we have success with Mike McDaniel it won't matter how well Flores does. Flores could neot foed an offensive staff. He never hired a black coordinator and he hept getting rid of people so if both of those changes and he has success then it's all on him. I honestly don't know of any Dolphin fans who care about Ross or what he did. The main interest will always be how successful we are as a team. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 03:21:37 pm »

If we have success with Mike McDaniel it won't matter how well Flores does. Flores could neot foed an offensive staff. He never hired a black coordinator and he hept getting rid of people so if both of those changes and he has success then it's all on him. I honestly don't know of any Dolphin fans who care about Ross or what he did. The main interest will always be how successful we are as a team. 

I don't care if Ross is a dope, I care that he cost us a 1st round draft pick by being a dope. If McDaniel can have real success this year (10-8 doesn't count), then yeah, Flores loses.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 03:23:13 pm »

I think the outcome of the lawsuit will have a huge bearing.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 03:38:38 pm »

I don't care if Ross is a dope, I care that he cost us a 1st round draft pick by being a dope.
I wouldn't give up too much sleep over us losing another Noah Igbinoghene or Dion Jordon. hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 08:30:08 pm »

I wouldn't give up too much sleep over us losing another Noah Igbinoghene or Dion Jordon. hahaha

But what if it's a Jaylen Waddle, a Minkah Fitzpatrick, or a Laremy Tunsel?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2022, 08:07:34 am »

But what if it's a Jaylen Waddle, a Minkah Fitzpatrick, or a Laremy Tunsel?

Based on our history odds are against it. The only legit pick of the three was Waddle.  The other two surprisingly dropped to us and all of other 1st rounders, and there have been many, weren't so memorable.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray