Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:35:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - @ Ravens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - @ Ravens  (Read 1199 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: September 18, 2022, 04:37:32 pm »

My Shame of the Game goes to Tua.

His early game interceptions put the team in a bad position early, and the kind of performance he had in the 4th quarter is statistically not reliable.  This is not the kind of performance you would see from a championship-caliber QB.  Also, he badly underthrew Tyreek on the game-tying touchdown, which is just another example of his limitations throwing the ball.  Fortunately, he was bailed out yet again by Tyreek's speed.

The Dolphins are going to be in trouble once they play a team with a decent offense or defense.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 04:45:01 pm »

My shame of the game goes to all of you who gave up on the season before the game was over.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 05:03:22 pm »

Tale of two halves for both these ones but if we had to give it out, give it to the defense for giving up too many huge plays and McDaniels for not having the team ready.

Obviously, great performances in the second half.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 07:11:23 pm »

I can't tell if this post is a joke.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 08:38:59 pm »

I can't tell if this post is a joke.

Since he called the game ball a formality and voted Tua, I'd say yes.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 09:06:02 pm »

Or maybe it was my post in the Game Balls thread that was the joke!

It says volumes about the discourse around Tua that it is unclear as to whether someone is being serious when they say he was the worst player on the field, after a 470yd/6 TD win.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2022, 09:21:07 pm »

My shame goes to X man. He seemed to struggle today even missing on a pick six at the end of the game. He’s still the man but today wasn’t his best effort.

Word of note after the game he did say that Tua and the offense bailed them out of a hole today and gave them props.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2022, 09:22:39 pm »

Howard did struggle.

Maybe the special teams unit, too. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 07:59:06 am »

My shame goes to X man. He seemed to struggle today even missing on a pick six at the end of the game. He’s still the man but today wasn’t his best effort.

Word of note after the game he did say that Tua and the offense bailed them out of a hole today and gave them props.

Bateman and Duvernay had the two fastest clocked top speeds of any ball carriers this season so far. That might help explain why Howard was playing so far off all day. Yeah, the Dolphins have a lot of speed in Hill and Waddle, but so do the Ravens with their receivers.

Doesn't excuse the dropped pick-6, obviously.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 08:07:08 am »

Bateman and Duvernay had the two fastest clocked top speeds of any ball carriers this season so far. That might help explain why Howard was playing so far off all day. Yeah, the Dolphins have a lot of speed in Hill and Waddle, but so do the Ravens with their receivers.

Doesn't excuse the dropped pick-6, obviously.

He covered Tyreek Hill fine when he played for the Chiefs and covers him every day in practice so it isn't like speed is new to him. I have a hard time believing he was just giving him major respect.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2022, 12:39:11 pm »

My Shame goes to X. Howard. He looked like Noah Igbinoghene out there. X was beaten numerous times and he dropped a pick-6.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2022, 08:26:56 pm »

I'd have to go with Howard.  9 out of 10 games he's a big part of the win, but this week he was off.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 02:05:56 am »

Bit rough on X, I thought the whole defense struggled. The groin injury obviously ain't helping either.

The one TD he got burned on he was in zone coverage expecting help from inside - Bateman got the ball on the slant at full speed and there was no one there, hit the afterburners and that was that. It was a well designed play and it beat him, but then I saw Needham and the other DBs also being beaten up until the magic last quarter and a bit... As for missing the pick six, I guess the last two years we've become accustomed to seeing X pull that off. I'll forgive him this one.

Shame for me goes to special teams for not being awake on the opening kick off return. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray