Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:10:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Vikings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Vikings  (Read 1267 times)
stealth3ltt

« on: October 16, 2022, 05:29:38 pm »

I know Waddle's fumble stopped the Dolphins from scoring the go ahead TD.  And I believe they would have scored, they definitely had the momentum. 

My Shame of the game was for the Offensive Line, specifically Greg Little.  He got beat on all day!!!!  Rob Hunt, honorable mention.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2022, 06:29:51 pm »

I Guess I’ll go with Waddle.  When you’re on your 3rd qb, they get injured and have to bring back in the 2nd guy, you need your guys to step up.

Waddle’s fumble basically ended the game.  He’s my pick.
Sanders missed a FG again….he has to start connecting.
Also, the o line was bad but I think Bridgewater also takes so long to progress through the reads and deliver the ball.  It’s a bad match.

Skylar looked ok.  Too bad he got hurt.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 08:19:36 pm »

Waddle

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 07:14:50 am »

Bridgewater, HM to Waddle.

Skylar looked way better than Bridgewater.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 07:48:41 am »

Bridgewater is a weird one.  My eyes tell me he didn't play well.  He just seems to progress through the reads super slowly.  By the time he evaluates the first option in a route, the coverage is there.  ...then he moves on...and the 2nd guy is covered.  And now there's pressure.

I know the line is not giving a lot of time, but Teddy seems uniquely unfit for it.

All that said, his stat-line is good.  He had well over 300 yards and multiple TDs...only really making the big mistake at the end when the game was pretty much out of hand anyway.  And before the Waddle fumble, it felt like we were the ones with the momentum to win the game.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 09:41:10 am »

Waddle and Little.

Jaylen has a serious hands problem with drops and fumbles, which is crazy considering his stats. This is now a major issue that has to be addressed.

Little just doesn't belong on our roster, he clearly can't even hack it as a backup.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 10:15:51 am »

Waddle and Little.

Jaylen has a serious hands problem with drops and fumbles, which is crazy considering his stats. This is now a major issue that has to be addressed.

Little just doesn't belong on our roster, he clearly can't even hack it as a backup.

Pretty sure Little was concussed: https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/status/1581707105878188032

His play seemed to deteriorate significantly after that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 11:23:06 am »

Pretty sure Little was concussed: https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/status/1581707105878188032

Yeah, that definitely looked like a concussion. The spotter already got their vengenace against us though, they don't care about player safety.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2022, 08:23:57 am »

Little was actually very good right up until this moment. Have a look inside (Eichenberg and Williams) and there were players who sucked a lot more.

As a side note, I'm not so convinced about Williams as a Center - it seems like every second snap he does from the shotgun is sailing high and the QB has to adjust to get it.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2022, 08:27:57 am »

^ I did notice that Teddy was pulling down a lot of high snaps.  Nothing was disastrous, but it made me nervous.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2022, 08:36:10 am »

It feels a bit rough to pin it on Waddle, even though those two fumbles were lethal... I hope he develops instant amnesia and gets back into it.

It was a strange game with lots of screw ups that killed us, especially those OL penalties in the first quarter when we could move the ball well, and shot ourselves in the ass in the scoring zone. The defense did really well, restricted the Vikings to 100 yards in the half, and yet we were still down...

Ultimately though, there is one bigger culprit I'm going to pin it on. Teddy Bridgewater.

Forget the stats and go back and look at the game. His third quarter was diabolically bad - two throws to Waddle that were telegraphed and should have been picked off, another one so wide he had no chance to get his feet down. He takes too long, has no pocket presence, and ducks into pass rushers. His horrible interception in the last quarter was ultimately the dagger that killed our chances - even after the last Waddle fumble we still had a sniff, but that moment ended our hopes.

Despite the lack of scores in Q1 (because of OL screw ups) Skyler looked really good as the starter. Teddy sucked. He gets my shame. 
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2022, 08:39:43 am »

^ I did notice that Teddy was pulling down a lot of high snaps.  Nothing was disastrous, but it made me nervous.

It's been all season. Tua, Skylar and Teddy are all pulling down high snaps from Williams.

After a couple of games I thought it would be under control, but it's still happening.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray