Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:29:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Basketball Season Starts Today!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Basketball Season Starts Today!!!!  (Read 5836 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: October 18, 2022, 08:53:40 am »

The eastern conference looks to be especially tough this year. Which I see as being a huge advantage for the Heat. They can play up to or down to any team. Which with a muddied up top half of the conference will mean they're in a good spot to claim a number 1 seed for the 2nd year running.

Since i'm a connecticutician now I had to splurge about $15 / month for nba league pass so i get to watch the heat. Otherwise i'm stuck with watching the crap celtics. And really .. who wants that. Even their play by play guys are unlikeable. You can just smell the entitlement through the TV.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 09:18:15 am »

I hate that the HEAT aren't readily watchable here.  Basketball is on an archaic model, so I have to steal the games if I want to watch them and I usually don't care enough to do that.  I will sometimes try to stream it, but with commercials and stuff, I often get distracted at the breaks.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 09:51:10 am »

I feel like the Knicks will surprise people once they start 9-19 to start the season and fire their coach who refuses to play anyone under 30. A real PG can do wonders for a team, makes everyone better.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 03:15:44 pm »

I don't consider Basketball season starting until Christmas, which is the point where they use to start televising games.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 05:48:04 pm »

I don't consider Basketball season starting until Christmas, which is the point where they use to start televising games.

I don’t consider it started until playoffs, over half the teams make the playoffs the whole season just to determine which 14 teams don’t play in the real season.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 09:47:29 am »

Miami Heat plying like crap.  I knew running it back would hurt them.  They are just too small.  Spo is stubborn with this small ball line up crap, and it is showing, and what is hurting them is over-paid contracts.  Duncan Robinson making 90 mil to only avg 10 ppg ride the bench and forgot how to shoot the 3 and is a liability on defense.  I know he is hurt right now but hopefully SPO will start Yurtseven at the 5 and move BAm to the 4. Kyle Lowry....oh boy I dunno what to say about Lowry... SMH.  Then the bench gets outscored almost every game.  Hopefully thing can turn around

DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2022, 08:36:44 pm »

I am cautiously hopeful for our first NBA championship. It’s a tough conference but we have a real chance. I hate to see an MVP level player waste his time and Kroenke sucks so I don’t know if he’ll spend to win if it doesn’t work out this year. It’s a small window and we lost a lot to injury.

We have one of the best players in the league and hardly anyone can watch the games here because of the dick owner.

Long season, ill be feeling it more in December, it’s really the only other league I follow at all after the NFL.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 12:14:10 am »

GO SUNS!!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 02:01:03 pm »

I feel like the Knicks will surprise people once they start 9-19 to start the season and fire their coach who refuses to play anyone under 30. A real PG can do wonders for a team, makes everyone better.

Currently 6-7 and about to go on a 5 game West Coast trip, it's very likely Thibo doesn't survive. New coach at 6-12 as opposed to 9-19 works betters a sit gives the team more time to rebound and push for the playoffs. Thibo has run his course as he does everywhere he goes after 2 seasons.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 02:03:38 pm »

Celtics are off to a good start 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 03:46:08 pm »

Meanwhile the Lakers' strategy is to lull every other team in the NBA to sleep. Give them all a false sense of security. Then BOOM! Showtime. You'll see. You'll all see.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 11:12:42 pm »

So i get the celtics games now since i'm in the market.

Can i say what a horrible commentary team that team has. It's a bunch of a-hole homerism, complete lack of any sort of humility or perspective. They act like the celtics are the best team on the planet and every ref is out to get them. They give no credit to opposing teams or players.

It's glaring how much better Eric Reid is compared to those clowns.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 07:45:55 am »

Miami has the best in the business in this regard.

Our guys are top notch.  We praise opposing players, especially young guys for teams to get excited about.  It's so weird when for whatever reason I have to listen to another team's feed.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2022, 08:41:29 am »

Miami has the best in the business in this regard.

Our guys are top notch.  We praise opposing players, especially young guys for teams to get excited about.  It's so weird when for whatever reason I have to listen to another team's feed.

You will get legacy players a lot of times for local broadcasts and it's a crapshoot on whether or not they are good. Hard to fire a broadcaster if he won 4 rings for your franchise, no matter how bad he is.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2022, 09:31:17 am »

It's not universal .. Walt Frasier for the Knicks is a great color guy. He's humble, he talks up the opponents and he's funny.

Boston is just obnoxious .. also golden state has a bunch of whiney idiots doing their games.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray