Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:59:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Dan Snyder Hires Bank of America to Sell Team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dan Snyder Hires Bank of America to Sell Team  (Read 713 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 02, 2022, 11:45:18 am »

Dan Snyder is a top tier asshole who doesn't need money, so this is interesting. What could possibly force him to sell the team? He would rather take the team off the field in a legal battle lasting decades than sell it, he doesn't want to make it seem like Gooddell or the other owners won.

There is probably going to be some good gossip the next few weeks.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 01:40:04 pm »

Remember all that stuff Snyder has been leaking about how he has dirt on the other owners?

They probably just turned the table on him and told him, "We have even more dirt on YOU from the investigative report the league commissioned... it's already corroborated, not rumors and hearsay.  And at the end of the day, after we force you out, we'll all still have our teams, while no one in the business world will want to have anything to do with you.  You wanna burn bridges, go right ahead."

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 03:44:23 pm »

Remember all that stuff Snyder has been leaking about how he has dirt on the other owners?

They probably just turned the table on him and told him, "We have even more dirt on YOU from the investigative report the league commissioned... it's already corroborated, not rumors and hearsay.  And at the end of the day, after we force you out, we'll all still have our teams, while no one in the business world will want to have anything to do with you.  You wanna burn bridges, go right ahead."

I'm assuming it is something along these lines, very shady backroom stuff. They might even have some politicians in on it as I believe the House was investigating Snyder as well. Either way, I don't think Snyder "won" this, the other owners did.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 05:15:04 pm »

Snyder's a Billionaire, I doubt he really cares what anyone thinks of him.  If he sells it will be the highest price ever paid for an NFL franchise.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 07:42:27 pm »

Snyder's a Billionaire, I doubt he really cares what anyone thinks of him.  If he sells it will be the highest price ever paid for an NFL franchise.
Guys like him can never have enough money; it's pathological.  Even as a billionaire, he's charging fans to watch practice, and lobbying local politicians to outlaw walking into the stadium so he can gouge fans on parking.

You'd think that selling the team would be "enough" money, but kneecapping his ability to make more money in the future would be a fate worse than death for Dan Snyder.  It's the biggest leverage the other owners have over him.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 08:59:19 am »

ESPN reports the U.S. Attorney's office is investigating the Washington Commanders for alleged "financial improprieties." 

Specifically, the "U.S. attorney's office in the Eastern District of Virginia." It is probably not a coincidence the news drops the same day disgraced owner Daniel Snyder finally propped open the door to selling the team after two-plus decades of disastrous control. Per ESPN, Snyder's team is being investigated for "financial impropriety by owner Dan Snyder and team executives." It would appear one of the potential crimes was cooking its league books, sharing false ticket sales data with the NFL office. The allegations are undoubtedly one of the many reasons Snyder's co-owners seem to have finally turned against him after decades of protection. Stay tuned.
Source: ESPN
Nov 2, 2022, 6:10 PM ET

Yeah, I figured it was something like this. "Sell the team or lose a lot more than the franchise" was probably the offer.

It's a sickness with guys like him, they just have to take every dollar and every shortcut. It's not about the money, it's about getting his way with everything. He is worth $5 Billion before the sale. He could spend $1 Million a day for 4,999 days and still have $1 Million when it's over. I'll be glad when he is gone but the League and Government better not push too hard since I'm sure the other owners are just as shady and you don't want a public outcry to investigate them too.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray