Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:30:34 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Big Advances/Big Falls by many NFL Teams this year.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Big Advances/Big Falls by many NFL Teams this year.  (Read 679 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: November 02, 2022, 05:12:03 pm »

I run an elimination pool, and I get in a weekly pick'em pool; and I find it is very hard to pick what teams are going to win week in and week out.

With the exception of Washington, the whole NFC East is playing well - Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles are all playing well; when it wasn't that long ago that I was wondering if the team that won the division would even have a winning record.

The Jets are much improved - I thought they had a really good draft, but you rarely see a team improve immediately.

The Bucs have taken a big fall, Giselle may have finally ended Tom's career.

All year long there are many upsets every week.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 09:01:21 am »

Rams probably won't even make the playoffs, but that's really because Stafford is seriously hurt and is trying to play through it. 2 more losses and he should be shut down for the year.

Packers have the best QB in the league and no one to throw to, that's why they suck now. Devante Parker would put up 1200 yards if he were a Packer by default.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 01:15:07 pm »

This is a good thing. 

While you do have some teams with prolonged droughts in the NFL it always seems like every team is poised to be a contender within a year or two.  Don't get that sense in the NBA, MLB, or NHL.  While I was certainly happy with NEP prolonged success for twenty years the NFL is designed to prevent that.  Parity is good for the league. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 01:47:13 pm »

This is a good thing. 

While you do have some teams with prolonged droughts in the NFL it always seems like every team is poised to be a contender within a year or two.  Don't get that sense in the NBA, MLB, or NHL.  While I was certainly happy with NEP prolonged success for twenty years the NFL is designed to prevent that.  Parity is good for the league. 

Yeah, plus you can still have your perennial contenders like the Chiefs and Bills if they are smart enough and have the right QB. In the NBA, the star players only want to play on Superteams and it kinda screwed up the league. Not impossible to come back from last place, but if you can't reload in free agency, you're kinda stuck with tanking for a few years.

Players take so long to develop in MLB that you won't know if your draft pick flamed out until it's been 6 years already. The top free agents are usually on the wrong side of 30 too, so you always overpay in terms of money and years.

NFL is the best for parity by far.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 01:59:53 pm »

Yeah, plus you can still have your perennial contenders like the and Bills

You cited a team that has won three playoff games in 25 years as a perennial contender.  :-)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray