Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:07:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Frank Reich Fired as Colts HC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Frank Reich Fired as Colts HC  (Read 953 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 07, 2022, 12:25:31 pm »

They just got curb stomped by the Pats and have no QB, so no real shock there. Reich loves his veteran QBs but they have all stunk and he is wasting Jonathan Taylor worse than Wannstedt with Ricky Williams.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 12:49:22 pm »

It was utterly stupid to bench Matt Ryan

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 02:44:43 pm »

It was utterly stupid to bench Matt Ryan

He had no future with the team, so might as well see what the young kid got. So far, he ain't got much.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 03:08:01 pm »

He had no future with the team, so might as well see what the young kid got. So far, he ain't got much.

They were either 3-2-1 or 3-3-1 and in the playoff race.  Not when you bench your proven NFL starting quarterback

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 08:48:39 am »

Weirdest selection for interim coach ever in a guy who has zero experince coaching in college or NFL.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 08:51:08 am »

Weirdest selection for interim coach ever in a guy who has zero experince coaching in college or NFL.

The arguments "for" being that the front office was so dysfunctional that they needed someone from the outside and that Saturday was a consultant to the team, so the owner would know him and he would know the team.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 10:32:22 am »

The arguments "for" being that the front office was so dysfunctional that they needed someone from the outside and that Saturday was a consultant to the team, so the owner would know him and he would know the team.

Jim Irsay is really going for "Worst NFL Owner" now that Daniel Snyder is trying to sell. Let's see if Ross gets back into contention by tweeting out "I want Aaron Donald to play for the Miami Dolphins" while tagging him.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2022, 10:22:20 pm »

How bad is Josh McDaniels? Lol so awesome. Im glad we didn’t hire that loser.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 12:20:11 pm »

How bad is Josh McDaniels? Lol so awesome. Im glad we didn’t hire that loser.

Good OC but he just isn't cut out to be a Head Coach for whatever reason. He probably doesn't know how to get grown men to follow him without Belichick there to command the respect.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2022, 02:02:00 pm »

Good OC but he just isn't cut out to be a Head Coach for whatever reason. He probably doesn't know how to get grown men to follow him without Belichick there to command the respect.

What I am about to say is not limited to football or even sports, but all aspects of life:

You are better off having multiple mentors even if some of them are only mediocre than having a single mentor even if they are superior.  It is hard to copy a single person's leadership style, it is better to have seen multiple people and pick and choose what aspects of each works best for you. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2022, 02:14:26 pm »

What I am about to say is not limited to football or even sports, but all aspects of life:

You are better off having multiple mentors even if some of them are only mediocre than having a single mentor even if they are superior.  It is hard to copy a single person's leadership style, it is better to have seen multiple people and pick and choose what aspects of each works best for you. 

Agreed 100%. Belichick is one of the best of all-time, how can you successfully emulate a guy like that?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2022, 02:15:06 pm »

^^^ I don't disagree with that at all. I also don't think the person in charge has to be the most intlelligent or knowledgeble person in the room. It's their job to make final descisions but if they are the only one comng up with ideas  then the organization is limited.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2022, 02:45:10 pm »

That's great advice, I think.

No matter how good any politician, actor, manager, coach -- is, there is an element of secret sauce that is them.  Their methods work for them.  So, learn those things and adopt the parts that work for your own brand of secret sauce.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray