Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:41:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Midterms questions and analysis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Midterms questions and analysis  (Read 1479 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 01, 2022, 02:42:38 pm »

1) Why is it taking so long?  There are still two districts that have not been officially called.  The current makeup right now is 220-213 in favor of the GOP.  The Senate is 50-49 in favor of the Democrats.  The current indication is that it will be 222-213 in the House in favor of the GOP

2) What would have constituted a red wave?  Why did the GOP think there was going to be one?  Was it SOLELY because Biden has done such a horrible job and things are so bad right now?  Biden won by 7 million votes in 2020.  Looking back, it seems ridiculous to think there would have been a red wave. 

3) Why is Trump attacking DeSantis?  It's not good for the top two candidates in a party to be attacking each other.  DeSantis DID achieve a red wave in Florida.  If he ran for president in 2024, I wonder if he would win in a red wave in the electoral college.  DeSantis has not officially declared his candidacy for the presidency yet.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 06:02:31 pm »

1) The laws governing over the counting of ballots in various states/districts are readily available to anyone who has access to Google. Don't be lazy...

2) The incumbent party usually loses a ton of seats during the midterm. This time...not so much. Considering where the economy is, I expected a lot more seats flipped to the GOP.

3) Trump attacks everybody...period...always. It is his one and only strategy.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:26:09 pm »

What does a ton mean in this sense?  The Republicans gained about a dozen seats. Would a ton in this season mean three dozen?

It's not just the economy that is bad, it's the border that is horrible, too.  Biden has run this country into the ground.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 10:30:59 pm »

What does a ton mean in this sense?  The Republicans gained about a dozen seats. Would a ton in this season mean three dozen?

It's not just the economy that is bad, it's the border that is horrible, too.  Biden has run this country into the ground.

In a year with inflation like it is we could have been expecting like 60 seats to swing and the Senate.

However republicans overplayed their hand with the abortion decision and attacking LGBT people constantly. Turns out most people don’t want to live in a theocracy.

The economy was going to go through hard times and it will recover, no matter who was president we would be in a similar situation.

The border nonsense is just right wing fear of immigration because demographic shifts don’t favor republicans.

Immigrants don’t commit crimes at high rates and every legitimate study shows that immigration is good for a country. Drugs don’t come through the border they come through ports.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 02:06:59 pm »

1) Why is it taking so long?  

Different laws in different places allow for different timelines, different technologies to be used, some places have automatic hand-recounts if things are close.  

2) What would have constituted a red wave?  Why did the GOP think there was going to be one?

There isn't an answer, really.  Steve Bannon said the GOP could win 100 seats.  In general, the president's party loses a lot of seats, no matter what.  And when the party in power oversees a down economy, it's even worse.  Plus, with gerrymandering and all these other things, there were way more districts for GOP to overtake Dem spots than the other way around.  It didn't happen for lots of reasons, but Abortion laws and running actual insane people instead of normal humans cost the GOP.  Say what you will about the Dems, but we weed out our crazy people in the primaries.  Our candidates are electable.

3) Why is Trump attacking DeSantis?  It's not good for the top two candidates in a party to be attacking each other.

Trump doesn't give one shit about the GOP and he has no ideology.  He doesn't care about anything -- ANYTHING -- except his own benefit.  Therefore, anyone or anything that openly supports him, no matter how vile, will have his support.  Anyone who opposes him or poses a risk to him or fails to praise him will get attacked.  This is true in every case, even his own cabinet.  His own VP. Desantis.  GOP Leadership.  His family.  Retired legacy politicians.  Families of national heroes.  It doesn't matter.

Trump doesn't give one shit about Desantis and will absolutely take him out in any way he can, unless Desantis can directly help Trump the individual.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 03:25:02 pm »

1) Why is it taking so long?  There are still two districts that have not been officially called.  The current makeup right now is 220-213 in favor of the GOP.  The Senate is 50-49 in favor of the Democrats.  The current indication is that it will be 222-213 in the House in favor of the GOP
Honestly this is a great question. Florida, Texas, California etc have a much larger voting poplutaion and can turn results in one day. There needs to one universal way of voting as it has become apparent some states are super slow to report and all that does is increase public questioning of the results.  In my opinion anything that may give off the impression of inappropriate activity should be eliminated to increase public confidence.

2) What would have constituted a red wave?  Why did the GOP think there was going to be one?  Was it SOLELY because Biden has done such a horrible job and things are so bad right now?  Biden won by 7 million votes in 2020.  Looking back, it seems ridiculous to think there would have been a red wave. 
40 percent on the left and the other 40 percent on the right will vote for a cucumber if it ran for their party. The 20 percent in the middle have many different reasons for voting. Considering those who are far right and won but by much smaller margins than was expected, I believe Trump's brash attitude turns off many of those in the middle regardless of the economy.  It appears DeSantis was able to not only attract those in the middle but actually some on the other side of the isle which is the answer to your next question. 

3) Why is Trump attacking DeSantis?  It's not good for the top two candidates in a party to be attacking each other.  DeSantis DID achieve a red wave in Florida.  If he ran for president in 2024, I wonder if he would win in a red wave in the electoral college.  DeSantis has not officially declared his candidacy for the presidency yet.
Trump only cares about Trump when it comes to winning the election and he knows DeSantis is a huge threart to his poupularity. Trump's policies ae good but Trump the person is selfish and can be very assholish. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 04:38:56 pm »

^ I pretty much agree with CF, aside from Trump's policy's being good, but you can't ask for everything.

A lot of the first question also has to do with early ballots / mail-in ballots and when to start counting them.  They could theoretically be counted ahead of time and info released right away, but that's not allowed in some of these places.  I don't really think there's a legitimate argument for why it isn't allowed, but I think the bullshit argument is that the data could get out and affect the results, I guess?   There is a movement to delegitimize and discredit early and mail-in voting.  It's likely due to this -- make it seem cumbersome and unreliable to make less of it.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 06:03:27 pm »

Trump only cares about Trump when it comes to winning the election anything and everything. Trump the person is selfish and can be very is 100%  assholish. 

Edited for the sake of pure honesty...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2022, 06:37:27 pm »

Usually, there isn't such a huge gap in the popular vote between the two candidates in the last election.

Also, what CF says does make sense in DeSantis' case.

It doesn't however, explain why Trump won in 2016
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 07:14:12 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

DenverFinFan
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 09:47:00 pm »

Usually, there isn't such a huge gap in the popular vote between the two candidates in the last election.

Also, what CF says does make sense in DeSantis' case.

It doesn't however, explain why Trump won in 2016

Stop looking for explanations all the time. Things just happen. Chaos theory embrace it.

A lot of factors contributed to Trump’s win in 2016 just like a lot of factors contributed to his loss 2 years ago.

Trump lost the popular vote first time and the second time even more people voted. People in safe blue states who sat out 2016 voted against him in 2020. Biden ran up the popular vote in blue states.

Look man within 15 minutes of CNN declaring Biden the winner there was a massive party in downtown Denver and virtually every major city.

It’s easy to miss, but a majority of this country hates Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 09:54:43 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2022, 09:13:09 pm »

Walker has pulled ahead in the run-off with 76 percent of the vote in. 

Usually, when a candidate pulls ahead this late in the count he stays ahead for good.

Looks like we got 50-50 split.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2022, 09:16:45 pm »

It's interesting.  This means most of the third party voters favored Herschel Walker

Edit:  I'm wrong.  Warnock just surged back into the lead.  

I'm not making any more predictions

It appears that Warnock has won the seat.

Man, talk about a red wave......NOT!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:27:42 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2022, 11:31:02 pm »

The Vampire beat the Werewolf...nice.

~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 07:39:03 am »

^^^ In a state where the governor easily won his election Walker couldn't squeak out a win even given a second chance. In all honesty I think Walker being a Trump guy cost him a lot of votes that Gov Kemp received. If the GOP doesn't find a way to stop him from running without tearing the party apart then Joe or whoever will easily see 4 more years.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2022, 07:43:59 am »

^^^ In a state where the governor easily won his election Walker couldn't squeak out a win even given a second chance. In all honesty I think Walker being a Trump guy cost him a lot of votes that Gov Kemp received. If the GOP doesn't find a way to stop him from running without tearing the party apart then Joe or whoever will easily see 4 more years.

I think it was a combination of two things. One, yes...he is a Trump Guy, and two, he is arguably the stupidest human being I have ever seen run for a public office. It really doesn't matter what party you're in. When Herschel opens his mouth, his idiocy is undeniable.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray