Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:56:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Bills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Bills  (Read 1140 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 17, 2022, 11:44:54 pm »

Kodhu

McDaniel for his cowardice in the fourth quarter

The whole secondary was utterly atrocious

« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 12:27:28 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 09:27:05 am »

Sad loss.  I'm proud that we played enough to win the game, in a tough environment with home-cooking calls all night.  But there were two things that really killed us that were within our control.

Our 3rd and short stuff -- we got cute.  ...probably could've just run the ball and gotten some of those.  But I can't fault play calling, because we adjusted well from last week.  Checkdowns were there and they were used.  ...and I think 29 points was enough to win that game.

But more than that, it was defense.  When we needed a stop, we couldn't produce one.  There were two instances (at the end of the half and at the end of the game).  The Bills had limited time and a lot of field to cover.  They marched down without issue.  We couldn't defend or apply pressure.  It happened twice.

So, I gotta give mine to Boyer.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 10:25:10 am »

Sad loss.  I'm proud that we played enough to win the game, in a tough environment with home-cooking calls all night.  But there were two things that really killed us that were within our control.

Our 3rd and short stuff -- we got cute.  ...probably could've just run the ball and gotten some of those.  But I can't fault play calling, because we adjusted well from last week.  Checkdowns were there and they were used.  ...and I think 29 points was enough to win that game.

But more than that, it was defense.  When we needed a stop, we couldn't produce one.  There were two instances (at the end of the half and at the end of the game).  The Bills had limited time and a lot of field to cover.  They marched down without issue.  We couldn't defend or apply pressure.  It happened twice.

So, I gotta give mine to Boyer.

I don’t think it’s him.  It’s the players.  Xavien Howard is the biggest fraud in Miami history.

The officiating was inconsistent.  I can understand if you don't call the wrap around Tyreek early in the game, but if that's the case, you can't call Xavien Howard for his penalty on the last drive of the first half.  You need to be consistent.

The other calls Miami overcame.  The tackle out of bounds on Josh Allen really meant nothing.  The Bills were not going to be stopped on that drive anyway.

The key decision was the field goal on fourth down when it was 26-21.  That is where you need to make a statement to your team that you believe in them.  You need to go for it.

Before that, on 2nd and 4, they had just gained six yards on a run.  Why wouldn't you run it again there?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 03:21:57 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 04:12:59 pm »

Boyer for mine. With snow like that offenses will always have the edge, but there's a lot that we did not do right.

Rule number one is to contain Josh Allen - keep him within the tackles so he can't get creative, and if that means assigning a guy to him all night you do that.

We still can't cover tight ends. Holland had a rare very poor night, hopefully he will bounce back from that.

The other major offender of the secondary in the highlights package was Keion Crossen who got burned all night. Not having Byron Jones as the second starting corner has really hurt us, but I guess we gotta get used to it as it's almost certain he ain't coming back.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 04:15:00 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 06:24:35 pm »

Boyer
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2022, 09:23:54 am »

We had two drops in the end zone. Otherwise, I liked everyone's effort. I'm not a moral victory guy but I really don't see any shame in this game.  It was a great performance by a team that could have mailed it in.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2022, 12:07:44 pm »

The God-Awful REFS

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray