Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:00:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Wild Card @ Bills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Wild Card @ Bills  (Read 1201 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 15, 2023, 04:55:29 pm »

McDaniel for the awful clock management

Waddle for the drop in the first quarter

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 04:56:49 pm »

Waddle easily.

He dropped 80 yards worth of passes

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 04:58:08 pm »

I was going to give this one to Skylar, but he gets some slack due to Low Expectations.  Dude is clearly a backup, but he's serviceable.  So there's that.

I'm gonna give this to Waddle.  Some key drops, generally invisible.  Honorable mention to Jeff Wilson with 23 yards on 10 carries.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 05:09:55 pm »

Hm to Gesicki also.  He had some big drops also.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2023, 05:17:15 pm »

Waddle, his 2 or 3 dropped passes really hurt Miami.

HM #1  Continued poor clock management.  Why is it so hard to get a play in and get to the line?  Tired of seeing the Dolphins get to the line with 5 seconds left.  This has been a problem all year, then they end up wasting time outs, rushing a play, or getting called for a penalty.

HM #2  Penalties - The Dolphins have struggled with penalties all season.  I think I heard today they were #4 in penalties.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 05:20:21 pm »

I don’t know exactly who to blame for the delays but I imagine having a rookie qb running the game management, everything is just slower to click.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 07:25:13 am »

I don’t know exactly who to blame for the delays but I imagine having a rookie qb running the game management, everything is just slower to click.

After watchng a replay of the whole game, my blame goes to McDaniel.

There seemed to be no issues for two and a half quarters, then 5 minutes into the third quarter there's a notable delay in the plays being relayed in time to Skylar before the huddle. With 9 minutes to go in the last quarter I notice him and someone else checking his communication equipment as if it's an issue. The rest of the game is pretty much a disaster.

It's a rookie mistake by a young head coach - between the crowd noise in a hostile environment and having a 3rd string rookie as your starting QB (as well as this being the first playoff game for a lot of guys out there) he's just got to get the plays in quicker.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 07:29:31 am »

Shame of the game has to go to Waddle.

Those first two drops could have really changed the whole complexion of the first quarter, and his third wasn't any better or less important. Registering his first catch nearly 51 minutes into the game just isn't good enough for a player of his standard - and it's not the first time he's gone AWOL until the last quarter this year either.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 08:44:35 am »

Our offense is complicated with so many motion etc. so the calls can be very long and confusing. Add a rookie QB to the mix and it just makes it that much more difficult. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray