Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:06:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What is going on here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What is going on here  (Read 983 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 08, 2023, 12:19:04 am »

Derek Carr gets $150 million for four years

Geno Smith gets 105 for three.

What's going on here? 

Didn't teams learn from the Packers and Broncos last year?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 08:33:47 am »

Short term deals and not fully guaranteed. This is the cost of having a QB these days. Broncos traded a ton of picks and gave Wilson a deal that makes him uncuttable due to dead cap reasons until 2027 when he will be 39.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 07:39:38 pm »

Short term deals and not fully guaranteed. This is the cost of having a QB these days. Broncos traded a ton of picks and gave Wilson a deal that makes him uncuttable due to dead cap reasons until 2027 when he will be 39.

If Russ can’t make some kind of resurgence where would you place that Broncos trade in the history of awful trades?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 08:32:54 am »

If Russ can’t make some kind of resurgence where would you place that Broncos trade in the history of awful trades?

At the moment of the trade? Not too bad. They have talent on the team and he was seen as an elite QB.

In hindsight, that will depend on if the Broncos recover before 2030, but it looks like one of the Top 10 worst. Maybe Top 5 if we analyzed other bad trades more.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 10:32:40 am »

At the moment of the trade? Not too bad.

I fully disagree.  I saw this disaster coming a mile away.

Russ has never been an elite QB.  He's scrappy and makes things happen, but he's always been on teams with great support and he's not been the guy to just out-will you to victory.  In order to make these types of deals work, you have to be a general talent and Wilson, while a good player, just isn't that.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray