Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:22:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Rodgers Could Be a Jet By the Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Rodgers Could Be a Jet By the Weekend  (Read 2040 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2023, 02:02:07 am »

They don't have QBs yet, which means they could potentially be suitors.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2023, 10:51:20 am »

It seems to me that GB can still play WSH or IND against NYJ at the negotiating table, whereas NYJ is already signing Rodgers' receivers.

Put the screws to 'em!  I'd like to see GB receive 3 or 4 firsts.

Jets have to sign these players now but GB doesn't have to trade Rodgers at this moment. Jets are in a bad spot while GB really has nothing to lose. Love is their Week 1 starter no matter what happens. If Rodgers says he wants back as a leverage play, he will be going to the bench. GB isn't winning anything this season so they'll eat the cap hit, they're in rebuild mode.

At the end of the day, the Jets will give up a nice package for GB to rebuild, probably a first and a few seconds and a 4th or something like that. They're all in right now so hopefully more than that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2023, 01:55:13 pm »

FWIW, Rodgers was on the Pat McAfee show today and stated that he wants to play and play for the Jets. Only holdup is compensation. So, the division is going to get brutal.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2023, 02:38:46 pm »

We'll treat these jets just like we did when they signed welfare cheat Brett Favre.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2023, 02:52:30 pm »

We'll treat these jets just like we did when they signed welfare cheat Brett Favre.

Last time we won the division.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2023, 08:53:10 am »

Last time we won the division.

works for me!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 10:10:15 am »

He was "90 percent retired" but decided he wanted to play and was insulted they were shopping him. He's a weird dude so it's really hard to figure out if he is motivated for another year or just doing it for his pride. Either way I'm sure next year will be another drama show for him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 10:21:52 am »

He was "90 percent retired" but decided he wanted to play and was insulted they were shopping him. He's a weird dude so it's really hard to figure out if he is motivated for another year or just doing it for his pride. Either way I'm sure next year will be another drama show for him.

I don't believe him on that one. They literally had an agreement last year for his new contract where they would trade him if he wanted out. He pretty clearly wanted out so they were doing their due diligence and he knew they would.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2023, 10:29:53 am »

I don't believe him on that one. They literally had an agreement last year for his new contract where they would trade him if he wanted out. He pretty clearly wanted out so they were doing their due diligence and he knew they would.
Really Edge? That's the one you don't believe from him? LOL, ... that dude is nuts. He's got a lot in common with a burnt out hippy.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray