Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:11:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dalvin Cook
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dalvin Cook  (Read 2936 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2023, 12:34:28 pm »

Last year, MIA had Mostert, Gaskin, Ahmed, and Edmonds/Wilson.
There's no change in roster spots to field Mostert, Wilson, Achane, and Cook.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2023, 11:49:15 am »

As an FSU fan I would like to see this but I don't think it will happen. I can't see us spending that much money on a position that is that we don't put a ton of value on. Our receivers are our bread and butter of the offense. I think Cook is using Miami to get more money from Denver and others.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 04:56:33 pm »

As an FSU fan I would like to see this but I don't think it will happen. I can't see us spending that much money on a position that is that we don't put a ton of value on. Our receivers are our bread and butter of the offense. I think Cook is using Miami to get more money from Denver and others.

He's been saying he wants to go to Miami for awhile now. It's possible he just wants more money, but it won't be a lot more anywhere else. Plus, this is a Superbowl team, what is he going to do in Denver but be cold and win 6 games?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2023, 10:25:26 am »

Reports are saying that Cook is looking for "significant money" this offseason. So, if he holds firm to that, he won't be a Dolphin. Truth is, I don't think he will be playing because very few teams have significant money left at this stage of the offseason and the ones who do generally are terrible.

This might be a leak from his agent to get the bidding up, his best bet is to sign the small deal with Miami, have a monster yera in our offense and then get the big contract next offseason.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2023, 10:28:35 am »

The longer this goes the more it looks like he's about the money. Rumor is the Dolphins are around 5 million and he's wanting 10 million. Even if those numbers are off a little they are still worlds apart.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2023, 11:08:54 am »

The longer this goes the more it looks like he's about the money. Rumor is the Dolphins are around 5 million and he's wanting 10 million. Even if those numbers are off a little they are still worlds apart.

I don't think we even have $10 Million to give since we have to sign the draft class and no one wants to have $.49 left in Week 1 in case something comes up. Not even a matter of if we think he's worth it, just a finance game at this point. Being a June 1st cut hurts the players since rosters are mostly set and money is mostly spent, he's going To have to understand that or sign for $3 Million in Week 3 for some team with a bad offense that hurts his value going into 2024.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2023, 11:29:26 am »

He's a luxury for the Dolphins and why I never felt he was ever going to be one. RBs can lose their career faster than anyone so you know he wants as much as possible. See Ezekiel Elliot.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2023, 01:13:59 pm »

I don't think we even have $10 Million to give since we have to sign the draft class and no one wants to have $.49 left in Week 1 in case something comes up. Not even a matter of if we think he's worth it, just a finance game at this point. Being a June 1st cut hurts the players since rosters are mostly set and money is mostly spent, he's going To have to understand that or sign for $3 Million in Week 3 for some team with a bad offense that hurts his value going into 2024.

We've signed everyone except Smith from the draft.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2023, 02:05:48 pm »

Is the money we saved from cutting Jones even being used to sign our draft class? Seems like those two numbers have always been mentioned separately.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2023, 03:17:56 pm »

Is the money we saved from cutting Jones even being used to sign our draft class? Seems like those two numbers have always been mentioned separately.

Hard to get the numbers down as a few places have different ones,  but the Jones money helped sign the draft class or a few of them and we have maybe $9 Million left? Even with that, hard to upgrade at RT if one falls in our laps at the last second, especially not if we give it all to Cook.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2023, 06:50:16 pm »

Rumor is the Dolphins have offered him a contract and are awaiting a response.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2023, 10:16:54 pm »

Rumor is he has multiple offers. Until he signs something I've stopped giving it any attention.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2023, 08:41:35 am »

Rumor is he has multiple offers. Until he signs something I've stopped giving it any attention.

Same. It's sad but these guys need to realize the days of paydays for running backs are over. The kid we just drafted in the 2nd round is receiving high praise already and it wouldn't be shocking if he posts similar averages to Cook this season. I will still take Cook at the right price if that's an option, but I don't think the team is sweating if he goes elsewhere. Just preferable he doesn't go to an AFC rival.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2023, 09:19:51 am »

Same. It's sad but these guys need to realize the days of paydays for running backs are over. The kid we just drafted in the 2nd round is receiving high praise already and it wouldn't be shocking if he posts similar averages to Cook this season. I will still take Cook at the right price if that's an option, but I don't think the team is sweating if he goes elsewhere. Just preferable he doesn't go to an AFC rival.
No offense but the kid we just drafted hasn't been hit once yet. I wish I had a dollar for every person who looked world class in the offseason workouts and then tanked once the season began. I laugh because even Omar said Liam Eichenberg is looking better than Conner Williams at center based off of no hitting practices.

edited to add that according to Joe Rose the other day .... Dalvin has been training with Tua and some others in South Florida. Make of it what you will as Dalvin is from there but that's the story.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 09:56:36 am by CF DolFan » Logged

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2023, 02:07:31 pm »

No offense but the kid we just drafted hasn't been hit once yet. I wish I had a dollar for every person who looked world class in the offseason workouts and then tanked once the season began. I laugh because even Omar said Liam Eichenberg is looking better than Conner Williams at center based off of no hitting practices.

edited to add that according to Joe Rose the other day .... Dalvin has been training with Tua and some others in South Florida. Make of it what you will as Dalvin is from there but that's the story.

I think there was a report a few weeks back that Cook was working with Tua's trainer at the time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray