Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:02:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Did the USWNT throw the World Cup?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Did the USWNT throw the World Cup?  (Read 3023 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: August 09, 2023, 03:29:38 pm »

Given that they already got to get half of the money the men earned from their World Cup, could it be that they threw the match to avoid having to give half of what they earned to the men?

I was absolutely right when I said the new deal involves taking the money the men earn and giving it the women.  Spider and Hoodie both said I was wrong, but I was right.

I don't why anybody in their right mind would sign up for such a deal, but woke pressure can be huge.  

Can you imagine earning almost 6 million dollars for literally doing absolutely nothing?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u-women-soccer-team-earns-202726199.html

Here's the link that literally proves everything that I was saying correct.

Prize money is money the teams earned.

They have to split it between the two teams now.

The men earn far more in prize money.

Therefore, the money the men earn goes to the women.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 03:41:27 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 03:57:33 pm »

No

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2023, 04:50:10 pm »

No, the rest of the world is just catching up to us in terms of women's soccer. We were elite for a long time because few other countries gave a shit. Now, they do and it's harder.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 07:09:13 pm »

Here's the link that proves that some people just want everything to be a conspiracy:

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=28060.msg392357
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023, 09:51:41 pm »

No, this team was stuck in a transition period and had a horrible coach. I don't think they put together the best possible roster. Morgan should have probably been on the squad but I don't think has been in great form and Rapinoe should have never been on the squad (purely based on form and not a political opinion).
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 08:22:38 am »

Also, teams lose.  You can't win the World Cup every single time.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2023, 08:53:41 am »

And not only that .. they lost in PKs after a 0-0 draw .. PKs are a roll of the dice.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2023, 10:41:06 am »

They lost because they aren't as focused as they used to be. They used to have one agenda as a team but now I don't think soccer is first and foremost for some of them and I'm not just speaking about politics.  Just speak with some former players and ask them. Off the record they have been furious with some of these women even before this WC started. I'd like to think this is a wake up call but it is a new generation so who knows.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2023, 12:07:26 pm »

I don't follow, so my opinion is useless, but we saw this with Men's Basketball.

They won by default, then the world caught up and created teams that played together regularly.  So, when you threw the all-star team together, they didn't add up to more than the sum of their parts and took too long to gel, so they got bounced.

Then they did the "redeem team" stuff and made these guys commit to playing together for a longer term.  I imagine that could be part of it.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2023, 01:09:10 pm »

The USWNT is still currently the #1 ranked women's national team in the world.
The lowest they have ever been ranked is #2.  The last time that happened was over six years ago.

Failing to win a third-straight World Cup does not necessarily mean the team has collapsed due to a "lack of focus."

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2023, 01:19:54 pm »

Let's not play the they are still number one card. That's only because this isn't like college football with weekly updates. Rest assured you will not see our ladies ranked 1 or  2 when FIFA updates.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2023, 01:37:02 pm »

Again, they have never been ranked lower than 2nd in their history.  What rank do you think they will fall to?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2023, 02:20:05 pm »

The USWNT is still currently the #1 ranked women's national team in the world.
The lowest they have ever been ranked is #2.  The last time that happened was over six years ago.

Failing to win a third-straight World Cup does not necessarily mean the team has collapsed due to a "lack of focus."
That's really ignoring the obvious and only focusing on the positive just like many soccer moms. It was far from just failing to win. They didn't play very well in 4 games and got knocked out earlier than at any time in history. This team completely underachieved from game one and continued to spiral. If the Chiefs only win 1 game in their division against the weakest team I think most people would feel the same way.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2023, 06:29:43 pm »

"Getting knocked out in the round of 16" is not remotely similar to "winning 1 game in a season."
A better comparison for a 1-win season would be something like, say, failing to make the World Cup at all... which is what happened to the USMNT in 2018.  Strangely enough, I don't remember any posts about "spiraling due to a lack of focus" at the time, nor do I remember Democrats blaming Trump and his xenophobia for why the USMNT missed the World Cup for the first time in over 30 years.

Ah, but I'm sure that it's a coincidence that this thread appears as Trump is bashing the USWNT and insisting that Joe Biden's wokeness is what caused them to lose.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2023, 06:51:21 pm »

"Getting knocked out in the round of 16" is not remotely similar to "winning 1 game in a season."
A better comparison for a 1-win season would be something like, say, failing to make the World Cup at all... which is what happened to the USMNT in 2018.  Strangely enough, I don't remember any posts about "spiraling due to a lack of focus" at the time, nor do I remember Democrats blaming Trump and his xenophobia for why the USMNT missed the World Cup for the first time in over 30 years.

Ah, but I'm sure that it's a coincidence that this thread appears as Trump is bashing the USWNT and insisting that Joe Biden's wokeness is what caused them to lose.

No coincidence

The performance of the USWNT was not the point of the thread.

This was the point:

The USMNT received an award from FIFA for reaching the round of sixteen.  This award was based on the fans that paid to see THEM play and the revenue of fans paying to watch THEM play generated.

Therefore, this was money the USMNT national team EARNED

Under the new bargaining agreement, they had to give half of this money to the USWNT.

Hence, I was right when I said the settlement involved taking the money the men earn and giving to the women.

FAU and Spider both told me that this was not true.

Are either of you going to admit that you were wrong and I was right?

Sidebar for Spider:  A better analogy for the USWNT team not winning the World Cup would be this:  It's the equivalent of losing a chess game when your opponent gives you queen odds.  The USWNT has far greater resources that any other team in that tournament.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 06:54:09 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray