Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 05:01:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Chiefs and Refs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Chiefs and Refs  (Read 918 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 31, 2023, 01:09:09 am »

Anybody got examples of them getting calls?  I can only think of one, which happened on SNF against the Jets.  An interception was called back, leading to a KC win.  It was not flat-out wrong, it was ticky-tack to some.

I just don’t understand where this idea the refs will favor them is coming from.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 01:12:38 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 01:54:35 am »

Watch the end of Chiefs / Vikings from like 2 weeks ago.
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 07:19:12 am »

The correct title of this thread should be Eagles and refs.   How in the hell do you go two games without a single penalty?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 04:45:09 pm »

Questionable call by the Refs today on the "Hill Fumble".  Did Hill actually catch the ball and make a football move?  I guarantee if this was 30 yards down field and the fumble went out of bounds they would have ruled it incomplete.  Not to mention Hill stopped the guys forward progress before he lateraled it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2023, 10:08:47 am »

Questionable call by the Refs today on the "Hill Fumble".  Did Hill actually catch the ball and make a football move?  I guarantee if this was 30 yards down field and the fumble went out of bounds they would have ruled it incomplete.  Not to mention Hill stopped the guys forward progress before he lateraled it.

It was incomplete.  But whatever, that's easy to fuck up.

What is not fair, though, is not to call him for forward progress, if it indeed was a catch.  If you're saying that the ball was secured immediately, then the fumble happens after Hill is pushed several yards back and should be a dead ball.  So, it's the wrong call to say it was a catch, but even if you get that wrong, you must call him on progress.  If you're saying the ball wasn't secured immediately, then he didn't possess the ball to call it a catch.  You can't have it both ways.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 01:04:04 am »

It was incomplete.  But whatever, that's easy to fuck up.

What is not fair, though, is not to call him for forward progress, if it indeed was a catch.  If you're saying that the ball was secured immediately, then the fumble happens after Hill is pushed several yards back and should be a dead ball.  So, it's the wrong call to say it was a catch, but even if you get that wrong, you must call him on progress.  If you're saying the ball wasn't secured immediately, then he didn't possess the ball to call it a catch.  You can't have it both ways.

Good Points.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray