Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 02:21:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - @ Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - @ Jets  (Read 1318 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 24, 2023, 06:06:14 pm »

Tua

[mod edit: clarified title]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 05:16:56 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 06:29:13 pm »

Can only be Tua, one of his worst games as a pro. Certainly not horrific or historically bad, but he's been trending downward and the turnovers are becoming a real concern now.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 07:07:25 pm »

I'm just here in defense on Tua, who I don't even think had a bad game.

The Jets are one of the best defenses in the league.  Tua had one legitimately terrible play, but that was it.  The other INT was just forcing something in dead time that meant nothing.

But also Tua had some great throws and layered a ball into Tyreek in the endzone that wasn't caught.  Also, we had a lead that we pretty much just sat on or his numbers would be better.

I think my shame has to be to Darrynton Evans who had a fumble that resulted in a Jets TD, without the good stuff to go with it.

This was a dominating win.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 09:06:11 pm »

Tua

Another game with two int's, one a pick 6.  Also part of the muffed handoff that resulted in a fumble.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 01:23:05 am »

Has to be Tua for this one.

I think this pretty much slams the door shut on his MVP chances unless MIA wins out (or Mahomes/Hurts/Lamar/Purdy all collapse).

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 10:20:34 am »

Has to be Tua for this one.

I think this pretty much slams the door shut on his MVP chances unless MIA wins out (or Mahomes/Hurts/Lamar/Purdy all collapse).

He's back in it with a 400 yard 4 TD 0 Turnover game against Washington, but he's definitely not the front runner any more.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 08:12:31 pm »

I don't consider Tua in the hunt for MVP.  He's probably not even the best case for MVP on our own team.

I think that can be true and it can also be true that he's playing well, even those there are some mistakes.  When we're playing this kind of football with a lot of fast throws, you're gonna throw some picks, but he's been good, I think.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 08:36:14 pm »

I don't consider Tua in the hunt for MVP.  He's probably not even the best case for MVP on our own team.
Tua was leading the league in MVP betting odds until recently.

The idea that a WR will win MVP is not rational.  Tyreek can get 2000 yards and 25 TDs, and he still won't win MVP because no WR has ever won MVP.  Try to imagine a scenario in which the Dolphins do not have the best record in the conference, and the QB of the team with the best record in the AFC or NFC doesn't win MVP; I can't.  Now imagine a scenario in which the Dolphins have the best record in the league and a healthy Tua has thrown 2000 yards and 25+ TDs to Tyreek, but Tua still doesn't win MVP.  It's almost impossible.

Tyreek is the best contender for OPOY by a wide margin, and that's going to be his ceiling.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:37:55 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 12:02:00 pm »

Also part of the muffed handoff that resulted in a fumble.

Unless you know something I don't, I don't think Tua has anything to do with that.  The RB just doesn't take the ball and Tua puts it perfectly where it goes.  It might be a play where the RB didn't know it was a run play, but there's nothing in the mechanics of it that can be attributed to Tua.

I drink your milkshake!
AQNOR

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2023, 07:41:20 am »

Tua.   Even if the muffed handoff wasn't his fault, his picks are a concern.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray