Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 04:07:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Ravens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Ravens  (Read 829 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 31, 2023, 04:12:56 pm »

The secondary

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2023, 04:31:26 pm »

Duke Riley.  He was chasing someone down after a completion all day long.

Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2023, 04:58:31 pm »

Tua. You need better than what was offered.

But also Hill if you’re out star you catch that TD.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 07:38:54 pm »

Duke Riley.  He was chasing someone down after a completion all day long.

I'm so glad that someone said this and I was waiting all day to come here, thinking I'd be on an island.

Riley was maybe put into a position to fail.  But he was burned downfield so many times and also not tackling.  In a game where you lose by a lot, it's hard to pick one guy, but there was a back and forth for about a quarter and a half and Riley was out of position or abused on much of that initial back and forth.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 12:22:53 am »

From the NFL highlights package:

Duke Riley for SOTG. You guys are right on the money, he stank it up from the very first play.

A mention to the Special Teams coach (for having his squad asleep for the second half kickoff).

Apple and Kohou were downright horrible for significant chunks. Tua had some terrible throws that can't be overlooked either.
Garrett

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 08:57:42 pm »

It has to be Vic Fangio, period! This defense is full of great players, and they have played really good against lesser teams. But the good teams just tear this defense apart. The only chance the Dolphins had to win this game, would be to pressure Lamar Jackson all night. Outside of the one sack, Jackson was not touched the entire game!  They threw in a couple of blitzes here and there, but most of the night, they only rushed four. Lamar Jackson had four seconds or more every single play! You can say the secondary played like crap, and you won't hear an argument from me. But if you give any good quarterback four seconds or more, somebody is going to be open. It was absolutely embarrassing.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 02:22:02 am »

It has to be Vic Fangio, period! This defense is full of great players, and they have played really good against lesser teams. But the good teams just tear this defense apart. The only chance the Dolphins had to win this game, would be to pressure Lamar Jackson all night. Outside of the one sack, Jackson was not touched the entire game!  They threw in a couple of blitzes here and there, but most of the night, they only rushed four. Lamar Jackson had four seconds or more every single play! You can say the secondary played like crap, and you won't hear an argument from me. But if you give any good quarterback four seconds or more, somebody is going to be open. It was absolutely embarrassing.

+1 for Fangio.  He didn't have his defense setup to win this one.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 03:36:21 am »

Tua. You need better than what was offered.

But also Hill if you’re out star you catch that TD.

One dropped pass doesn't stop the defense from giving up 56 points. Even if he had caught that pass, they still get crushed.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray