Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 27, 2024, 09:46:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Bills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Bills  (Read 928 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 07, 2024, 11:24:42 pm »

Tua

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 11:44:08 pm »

Hill, with an HM to Tua.
Denver2

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 11:47:55 pm »

Hill and Tua.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 11:08:27 pm »

From the NFL highlights package:

Tua.

Special mention again for our Special Teams Coach - Danny Crossman. How many returns for scores have we given up, and have many have we scored under his guidance? I've had more than enough of it, and think we should just fire his ass before this weekend.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2024, 12:01:23 pm »

^^^ Lol it's the punter's fault, he punted it too far.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 12:28:52 pm »

For me, it's Hill.  When you're the best player on the team and the other guys are all hurt, you gotta step it up.  He didn't reel in a lot of balls that he often catches.  I saw somewhere that this season he led his career in drops.

Hill played fine, but with Waddle and Moestert both out, he just had to do more, since he was like the only offensive weapon out there.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 02:51:56 am »

^^^ Lol it's the punter's fault, he punted it too far.

Don't laugh - there is such a sin as out-kicking the coverage.

It's a big problem a lot of Australian ex-AFL players have adjusting to your game. Most can kick it more than far enough, but the height aspect is more important to give time for the players to get down the field. It's why so few of those Aussies who do try out end up making it - and the majority who do have abandoned their AFL ambitions early and (learnt and) played punter at the College level.

So yeah, there is such a thing as punting it too far. Sav Rocca's only ever punt returned for a touchdown happened precisely because of that (coincidentally against the Dolphins with Ted Ginn taking it to the house).
Denver2

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2024, 12:23:46 am »

It's a big problem a lot of Australian ex-AFL players have adjusting to your game. Most can kick it more than far enough, but the height aspect is more important to give time for the players to get down the field. It's why so few of those Aussies who do try out end up making it - and the majority who do have abandoned their AFL ambitions early and (learnt and) played punter at the College level.

So yeah, there is such a thing as punting it too far. Sav Rocca's only ever punt returned for a touchdown happened precisely because of that (coincidentally against the Dolphins with Ted Ginn taking it to the house).

Sav Rocca and Australia kick ass
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2024, 02:52:43 pm »

Yeah I don't disagree.  Not to mention the Dolphins really haven't punted a lot this year.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray