Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 08:53:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Where to watch the game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where to watch the game  (Read 977 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 12, 2024, 01:05:52 pm »

I don't get Peacock.

My parents don't get Peacock.

No bar gets it.

What to do?

What are you guys going to do?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 01:26:03 pm »

One of my favorite bars is going to have the game, so just like most of the Dolphins it will be a "game time" decision whether I want to venture out to watch it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 01:49:45 pm »

I know a local bar that will have it. Probably a bit more demand for it here in Florida.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 01:54:07 pm »

I just read that local NBC stations in Miami and KC will have the game on regular tv, it's just those of us in other parts of the country that have to watch it on Peacock.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 01:59:12 pm »

i'll watch it on peacock .. or youtube tv .. one of those
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 03:05:07 pm »

Peacock is $5.99 per month and is CANCEL AT ANY TIME.  So for six bucks you could subscribe and then cancel.  Odds are you aren't watching alone, split it with 5 others and it is a dollar a person.  Not the barrier you get with DirectTV with a 2 year subscription and installation fees.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 04:41:00 pm »

There has been a huge pushback to spend the $6 to watch it. It a principle thing of having to pay all these freaking streaming networks for football. Rumor is they are working towards a Pay Per View Super Bowl. I'm sure it would make more money for them but when is enough enough? 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 12:44:26 am »

I think it's on local TV in the KC/Miami markets.  I'm guessing there will be a LOT of illegal streams available on gameday.  Just check Reddit.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2024, 08:08:54 pm »

I did the $5.99/mo. I'll just cancel after the first month.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2024, 11:31:29 am »

There has been a huge pushback to spend the $6 to watch it. It a principle thing of having to pay all these freaking streaming networks for football. Rumor is they are working towards a Pay Per View Super Bowl. I'm sure it would make more money for them but when is enough enough? 

I refused to pay Peacock.  I'm getting sick of these Billionaire owners trying to squeeze every penny out of the fans that have given them overwhelming support; more than any other professional league in the US.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2024, 12:08:22 pm »

If it was the Patriots I would have paid the $6.  And I don't think $6 is that horrible. When NFLN first airing games the cheapest package with NFLN was $90 per month more than the cable plan I was on.  $90 per month I thought was unreasonable, $6 is reasonable. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2024, 10:57:27 pm »

If it was the Patriots I would have paid the $6.  And I don't think $6 is that horrible. When NFLN first airing games the cheapest package with NFLN was $90 per month more than the cable plan I was on.  $90 per month I thought was unreasonable, $6 is reasonable. 

It's just a step down a slippery slope.  Today it's $6 for a wild card playoff game, in five years it's $49.99 to watch the Super Bowl.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2024, 10:21:24 am »

It's just a step down a slippery slope.  Today it's $6 for a wild card playoff game, in five years it's $49.99 to watch the Super Bowl.

That began in 1987, when ESPN started airing NFL games.  The cost to get ESPN if you didn’t have it was significantly higher than getting Peacock.   

While the model hasn’t changed, the cost has gone down significantly.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray