Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:48:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2023 Dolphins OL ranked 31st in pass block win rating according to ESPN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2023 Dolphins OL ranked 31st in pass block win rating according to ESPN  (Read 849 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2024, 01:11:46 pm »

Have you been watching the games? Dolphins runners are fast. They do their best when they string out defenses and cut back to an open hole or we are playing a weak defensive line. It isn't the offensive line opening holes for them to run through. This is easier to run for a bad offensive line. Our offensive line is bad so we do zone blocking. we can't win one on ones. When it's 3rd and 1 they put 8 in the box we can't run because our offensive line can't move anyone. I think it was Omar that said we were near the bottom of the league for yardage between the tackles. 

With that said even with all our passing yards we ranked 31 out of 32 teams for pass blocking. It's amazing to me anyone who has watched the Dolphins can't see that our o-line is still pretty bad. 

Have you been watching the games??   The team was #1 in Total Offense, #1 in Passing Offense, #2 in Scoring Offense, and #6 in Rushing Offense; yet you seem to believe the offensive line is terrible.  With all the injuries the line suffered this year I was extremely happy with how they performed.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2024, 01:16:52 pm »

The offense was good because good scheming usually made up for poor line play, except against good defenses when the line got exposed.
The one game where all starting linemen were healthy was the 70-point game against DEN.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2024, 03:44:40 pm »

The offense was good because good scheming usually made up for poor line play, except against good defenses when the line got exposed.
The one game where all starting linemen were healthy was the 70-point game against DEN.
^^^ Exactly

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray