Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:26:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Re: Chad Johnson vs. Marv Lewis?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Re: Chad Johnson vs. Marv Lewis?  (Read 2852 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« on: January 11, 2006, 10:13:23 pm »

Would you feel better if I compared Chad Johnson to Me-shawn?

Although again, I'd have to say that's an unfair shot at Me-shawn.

I think comparing Chad to anyone but Chad is kind of pointless, but to consider him a problem child of the magnitude of Terrell Owens or even Me-shawn (two receivers so disruptively cancerous that their teams sent them home mid-season) is just stupid.

Chad's response to the rumor mill...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/bengals/daily/0111bengals.html

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 10:18:44 pm »

Because that link asks for a registration of sorts, here is that article:

Chad: No truth to rumors of brawl
Report said Johnson fought with coaches at halftime of Steelers game
By Chick Ludwig

Dayton Daily News

CINCINNATI | Dressed in a burgundy "Sean John" designer sweat suit and ball cap, Pro Bowl wide receiver Chad Johnson stepped in front of a cluster of microphones and camera lights just outside the Bengals locker room on Tuesday night, and told two dozen media members that an Internet report linking him to a Sunday brawl was a hoax.

A report on the Web site profootballtalk.com — which claims that Johnson scuffled with wide receivers coach Hue Jackson and then swung at head coach Marvin Lewis during a locker room altercation at halftime of the Bengals' 31-17 playoff loss to Pittsburgh — spread like wildfire throughout the day.

Johnson went on WLW radio and local TV stations denying the incident, then held an impromptu news conference in the bowels of Paul Brown Stadium in a final attempt to douse the blaze of negativity on an otherwise positive season.

"I called this (news conference) to let everybody know that things that were said were false," Johnson said. "None of it was true. Putting my coach in a headlock and taking a swing at Marvin is ridiculous. I respect everyone — fans, media, and I especially have respect for my coaches. It didn't happen."

Despite Johnson's denials, former Bengals offensive lineman Dave Lapham — the color analyst on the Bengals radio network — believes there's some truth to the Web site's report.

"The sources I talked to, who I know I can trust, said something happened. Something went down," Lapham said. "I didn't get any confirmation on the actual physical nature of what took place other than there was a ruckus. There was some serious commotion."

Asked on Monday what he learned this season, rookie middle linebacker Odell Thurman said: "I learned that if we don't get Chad Johnson the ball, we're going to lose the game."

"I feel like we as a football team need to learn from this," Lewis said after Sunday's game.

"We came in here as a football team, and we need to leave here as a football team. We need to understand it is about working through the tough times. Do your job. This is a lesson that we needed to learn."

Citing an unidentified league source, profootballtalk.com reported that several Bengals players witnessed a scuffle between Johnson and Jackson as halftime concluded.

"Per the source," profootballtalk.com reported, "the last few minutes of intermission were ticking away, when the players were startled by the sight and sound of a helmet slamming against the glass pane of the training room door. Johnson and Jackson were engaged in an altercation."

The Web site went on: "At one point, Johnson was seen holding Jackson in a headlock. Coach Marvin Lewis entered the training room to intervene, and Johnson took a swing at him. Eventually, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh broke up the skirmish, within a minute or so of the team exiting the locker room for the second half."

Jackson didn't return a message on his office phone; several of Johnson's teammates refused comment; and the Bengals had no comment.

"We don't comment on rumors," Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan said.

The Web site said Johnson was upset about the lack of passes thrown his way. He had two catches for 30 yards in the first half and finished with four receptions for 59 yards.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 10:19:05 pm »

...cont

"It's ridiculous," Johnson told the Dayton Daily News Tuesday afternoon. "At halftime, I was getting an IV. Nothing happened. I'm listening to the freaking' rumor mill around here. Where it's coming from, I have no idea. It's a lot of drama. It doesn't make any sense. I don't like to say it's a bunch of bull, but it's not true."

Johnson said he was in the training room at halftime, getting intravenous fluid because of cramps. That's where he spoke with Jackson.

"The only words that go on at halftime are what adjustments we're going to make," Johnson said. "We were winning, 17-14. The offense and defense are separated. I was inside getting an IV. I had a needle in my arm. I came out late (for the second half) because my IV hadn't been finished. He (Jackson) had to tell me what we were going to do coming out.

"There's never been a confrontation ever, ever, especially with a coach. I've never had problems since I've been in Cincinnati (2001), on or off the field. For this to come out like this is ridiculous. I wanted to make sure I cleared it with everybody. The only way I can get to the public to let people know this was false was by holding this press conference to let you know this is ridiculous.

"I am very emotional. Something I can work on in the offseason is not really wearing my emotions on my sleeve the way I do. Sometimes the love for the game, the passion for the game takes over, and I lose it. Maybe that's something I can get better at — still loving and having a passion for the game, but not taking it to that next step to where it's not Chad anymore."

Before he leaves for Miami, Fla., on Friday, Johnson wanted to give Bengals fans a message:

"We finished off on a good note, making it this far (the playoffs) and I'm going to make sure that's the taste that's left here in Cincinnati," he said. "I've done all I can to bring us back to where we are now and I'm not going to do anything to mess that up. Just continue to look for better entertainment next year, and just stay tuned. I owe everything to Cincinnati and I love you. And that's it. Peace."

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray