Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:40:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  My Miami Dolphins Calendar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: My Miami Dolphins Calendar  (Read 21444 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:24:23 pm »

So, I got this calender for Christmas - a Miami Dolphins 2006 from John F. Turner press.

The thing that's strange about it was that the half the guys they selected were bums -- guys that were cut or 3rd stringers...or that were on the hot seat.  Keep in mind that this calendar starts in Jan 2006, so it's not like it's been sitting around.

Here are the 12 guys:

Jason Taylor - a given
Seth McKinney - kind of strange.  I always saw him as a "will do until we get someone better kind of guy"...not calendar material
Sam Madison - ok
AJ Feeley - not on the team, and was 3rd string when he was
David Bowens - a stretch, but at least he plays
Marty Booker - I could think of better players, but okay
Zach Thomas - another gimmie
Randy McMichael - good one
Sammy Morris - HHHHHWhat?  
Derrius Thompson - Give me a friggin' break.
Junior Seau - I understand why he's on here, even though I don't think he's a particularly good player.
Chris Chambers - a solid choice

So, my buddy Cdogg and I created our own 12 month calendar:
Jason Taylor
Zach Thomas
Ronnie
Ricky
Olindo
Chambers
Madison
Frerotte
McMichael
Welker
Saban
Seau

Being more than just a casual fan, I think I like this particular calendar more because it has a bunch of bums on it....sort of strange, I thought.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 11:23:21 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 01:35:09 pm »

Only problem with your calendar Dave, is that a few of them won't be on the team anymore within a month.
I doubt Seau and Madison will be around next season, and who knows what will happen to pothead.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 02:28:05 pm »

Only problem with your calendar Dave, is that a few of them won't be on the team anymore within a month.
I doubt Seau and Madison will be around next season, and who knows what will happen to pothead.

I don't see Ricky going anywhere.  ...and Madison and Seau leaving are just speculation.  I can't really make a calendar with Drew Brees or Jay Cutler on it.  I was just going with what we have now.

It's easier to make a case for Madison, since he's been on the team for a long time, than someone like Derrius Thompson or Sammy Morris.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 02:58:58 pm »

Any particular reason Crowder was left off?
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 03:02:23 pm »

Any particular reason Crowder was left off?

I would put Crowder on before Seau.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 06:48:50 pm »

I don't see Ricky going anywhere.  ...and Madison and Seau leaving are just speculation.  I can't really make a calendar with Drew Brees or Jay Cutler on it.  I was just going with what we have now.

It's easier to make a case for Madison, since he's been on the team for a long time, than someone like Derrius Thompson or Sammy Morris.

Keep in mind, they probably started making this claendar during last offseason to have them out in November.  This means that the guys on the calendar are last year's starters.  Makes sense - I saw the calendar when I was Christmas shopping and didn't buy it for that very reason.

I'm wondering if you can't have YOUR calendar printed up, maybe we can use pics that CF or I have taken at games and camps/practices to avoid copyright crap, put a TDMMC logo on it and sell it to the members of the site.  I'd buy a couple...
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 08:04:54 pm »

Keep in mind, they probably started making this claendar during last offseason to have them out in November.  This means that the guys on the calendar are last year's starters.  Makes sense - I saw the calendar when I was Christmas shopping and didn't buy it for that very reason.

I'm wondering if you can't have YOUR calendar printed up, maybe we can use pics that CF or I have taken at games and camps/practices to avoid copyright crap, put a TDMMC logo on it and sell it to the members of the site.  I'd buy a couple...

I've thought about that, but unfortunately the NFL frowns on people selling their property when they don't get a cut.  I suppose we could give them away.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 08:06:12 pm »

I would put Crowder on before Seau.

Sure, so would I.  I'd also put Houck, and a few other favorites.  ...I was thinking purely for marketing purposes.  Seau is a big name, Crowder is still unknown to the most casual of fans.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 08:26:14 pm »

I've thought about that, but unfortunately the NFL frowns on people selling their property when they don't get a cut.  I suppose we could give them away.

Is it NFL property if the photos are taken by us?

Maybe we could sell them for the cost of having them printed?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:55:19 pm »

Photos of NFL players, using their likeness and logos, is absolutely property of the NFL.  You might be able to sell at cost -- I'm not sure how that works, legally.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 06:32:19 am »

Photos of NFL players, using their likeness and logos, is absolutely property of the NFL.  

That sucks...  Angry
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 06:59:19 am »

I JUST BOUGHT THAT CALENDAR ONLINE YESTERDAY! NO KIDDING!

UGGGH!

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 07:09:50 am »

Photos of NFL players, using their likeness and logos, is absolutely property of the NFL.  You might be able to sell at cost -- I'm not sure how that works, legally.

This was taken off a message board so I have no idea how accurate it is.

For all NFL Licensing info, contact Jennifer Gray at (212) 450 2000  (be sure to tell the answering operator that you need to speak with NFL Licensing).

For all MLB Licensing info, call 212-485-3444 and ask for License Request.

Both numbers in New York, New York

Many of you asked about using NFL/MLB logos.  For your information, reproduce without any written consent or license is strictly prohibited!  So if you plan to use the logo or whatso, you must have license to print NFL/MLB and its team logo.  

Reproducing without license will result in "Cease and Desist" and you will be asked to reimburse all of the profit you made using the logo.

Licensing, unfortunately, can be quite expensive and then they expect to have some commission.  Last time I spoke with NFL about using their logo and team's logo for the forum, and they said it would be $3,000 for one year even if I am not making any profit.  And there is guidelines I must follow for editorial purpose, and someone from the NFL must have moderator privilege so he can edit/change any information they feel might affect NFL Image.  

Hope this help!

I imagine the players also have to have compensation as part of the collective bargaining agreement.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 07:14:34 am »

Is anyone else irritated with the fact that the word CALENDAR is not spelled properly in the subject of this thread??

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 08:38:04 am »

Is anyone else irritated with the fact that the word CALENDAR is not spelled properly in the subject of this thread??

No, apparently we have better things to do with our time than scroll through posts looking for misspelled words.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray