Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 07:59:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  A sickening article
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A sickening article  (Read 3794 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:24 am »

Let me ask you a question:

When have you ever seen a team so unashamedly bashed immediately following a playoff victory?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2292944

This idiot completely trashes DEN, claiming that they didn't really "win" the game, that NE totally self-destructed.   Hello?!?!  That's how NE has won practically every game for the last three years!  Where was this chump when NE fumbled four times against JAX last week, but recovered them all?

He boldly states that DEN will definitely get eliminated by their next round opponent (even if it's the #6 seed Steelers playing at Mile High):

I know, they beat the New England Patriots Saturday night at home. Stuck a salad fork in the dynasty. Deep-sixed the Pats' 10-0 postseason run. Penetrated Tom Brady's five layers of Visa protection. I'm so impressed I think they'll only lose to Indy by two TDs, and to the Steelers by one.

It isn't personal, just bidness. To the Broncos, congratulations for winning your first playoff game since John Elway's final season in 1998. Now pick up your AFC parting gift and enjoy your offseason, which officially begins next Sunday evening.

Is this the kind of backlash the Broncos earned by stopping the mighty Patriot war machine?  I couldn't even believe that ESPN actually printed this garbage.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 07:56:39 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 08:36:48 am »

If i knew where this guy lived i would drive over there right now and punch him in his face. As a media guy their job is to have an opinion, fine. But this article is just blatant arrogance from some idiot with an agenda against the Broncos.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 09:25:57 am »

I've never seen such blatant disrespect, and such rediculous defense of the media's favorite dybnasty.

I pulled this off his Bio page - I'd have expected him to be born and raised in Boston...

Wojciechowski came to ESPN from the Chicago Tribune, where he had been the national college football and college basketball columnist since November 1995. He also covered the 1996 Atlanta Olympics. He came to Chicago from the Los Angeles Times, where he focused on the same sports since 1985. He’s also written a weekly column for The Sporting News, and has done freelance work for the Los Angeles Times Magazine and Sports Illustrated.

Wojciechowski began his career at the Fort Lauderdale News/Sun-Sentinel in 1980. After a three year stint, he joined the Denver Post in 1983, and a year later, moved to the Dallas Morning News.

Something must have happened to him in Denver that makes him hate the Broncos, but this guy has no business writing turds like this.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:26:46 am by B_Rock » Logged
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 09:28:10 am »

By the way -

What kind of national professional columnist uses the word "bidness" in an article?

What do we have 50 Cent wiritng for ESPN now?
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 09:36:02 am »

Wow, I am amazed that this junk even got printed,  top tier journalism at work here.  Hey a$$hole, 5 turnovers lose you a game,  not one bad call!  Like Spider said, NE has been capitalizing on crucial turnovers for years now and have been touted as a solid and collected team,  the tables finally turn,  and NE imploded...   RIIIIGHT!!

It's an obvious blind love for this team,  because only fanatics talk like this.  If Denver loses next week,  it'll be to the Colts,  the Steelers?  HA!!!  
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 09:52:12 am »

What I find generally amusing about this piece of crap article is that he starts two paragraphs by saying it isn't personal. I equate this to someone who uses the word "Honestly..." to lead off most of his sentences in a conversation. He's trying to convince himself as much as the people he's talking to that it's honest.

...that it isn't personal.

Gene Wojciechowski should immediately go talk to Ben Watson...and learn something about picking an angle.  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray