Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:31:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Later round QB's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Which QB would you like to see the Fins draft in later rounds?
Brodie Croyle, Alabama   -9 (40.9%)
DJ Shockley, Georgia   -1 (4.5%)
Darnell Hackney, Alabama-Birmingham   -1 (4.5%)
Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson   -3 (13.6%)
Michael Robinson, Penn State   -1 (4.5%)
None of these bums   -2 (9.1%)
I don't know enough about any of these guys.   -5 (22.7%)
Total Voters: 0

Author Topic: Later round QB's  (Read 6611 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:50:07 pm »

Assuming that we opt to draft a QB, and that we don't trade up and Jay Cutler is gone by the time we pick at #16, which of these QB's would you like to see the Fins draft in later rounds?

1. Brodie Croyle, Alabama
2. DJ  Shockley, Georgia
3. Darnell Hackney, Alabama-Birmingham
4. Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson
5. Michael Robinson. Penn State
6. None of these bums

I know there are plenty of other QB's that are coming out, but these are the highest profile QB's beside the "Top 3" (Leinart, Young, Cutler).

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »

Personally, I have voted for Brodie Croyle, but have some fears about his injury history. He has a strong arm, and seems to be a smart QB.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
Dphins4me
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 12:53:56 pm »

I'll go Whitehurst.   He will need a couple or three years before being ready though.  IMO.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 12:55:37 pm »

I'll go Whitehurst.   He will need a couple or three years before being ready though.  IMO.
I was really debating voting for him. I liked him a lot , and think he can be a stud. it was really a toss up for me, and I opted for Croyle, since I was high on him earlier this season.
By the way, cast your vote!

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 12:58:35 pm »

Whitehurst because he is the one I have seen the most. Croyle's injury history reminds me of Fiedler who could never finish a season.
DolFan619
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 01:04:17 pm »

I'm going to go with D.J. Shockley.  He's good in the pocket, plus he can scramble when he has too.  I watched a lot of Georgia games this year and he really impressed me.  Hell, he almost brought the Bulldogs a Sugar Bowl victory, too damn bad the defense couldn't hold up.
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 01:08:09 pm »

By the way- As a Penn State Fan, I feel that Robinson should not try to play QB in the NFL. I think with his athletic ability, he'd be a hell of a receiver. He actually played a lot of WR and RB during his previous few seasons at PSU. A few of my friends think he'd be a great TE because of his size.

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 02:32:42 pm »

None of them. I really do not see any of them developing into a full time starter in the NFL. Croyle maybe but not the rest!!!!!

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 02:42:52 pm »

I think Whitehurst would be the best bet.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 03:42:46 pm »

I added an option to this poll, because I'd be a "dittohead" if I were to pick anyone.  I just don't follow these guys close enough.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 04:01:58 pm »

I didn't see Hackney play at all this season, but of the rest, I went for Whitehurst. He looked like he had a solid arm and decent mechanics...what more could ya ask from a late round developmental QB prospect?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 05:30:30 pm »

I'd have voted for Hackney...if he weren't 5'11".  The 5 or so times I watched UAB play, he lit it up.  Went with Croyle because of his arm strength and because he has a large enough frame to put on some weight so he can better take hits.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
afphinfan

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 06:07:06 pm »

I'm a Bama fan so I did vote for Croyle, but there were plenty of times when he missed wide open receivers and other times when he got his ass handed to him for holding on to the ball. I would much rather us get an A+ QB but I could live with Brodie as an upgrade over HeadButt.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 09:52:35 pm »

I'd go for Whitehurst myself.  I've seen this guy firsthand torch the Noles secondary three years in a row.  Not only that, he's played under three different offensive coordinators. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray