Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:17:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  David Givens possibly a fin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: David Givens possibly a fin?  (Read 3188 times)
Predatory_Fins
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:03:13 pm »

he Dolphins are reportedly interested in New England Patriots wide receiver David Givens.

The 25-year-old receiver made $1.43 million last year and will be a hot commodity on the free-agent market -- especially since there’s not a deep class this winter.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:32:34 pm »

I really think that this is the wrong year to go after a FA wide receiver. With the limited number of decent ones on the market, their price will probably be grossly over-inflated, and with Chambers-Booker-McMichael-Welker, I think that adding receiving targets can wait another season. If Miami really does feel the need to add a WR, I'd rather see them go after late (6th or later) round draft prospects, preferably in the "raw-but-gifted" or "gifted-but-character issues" mold. Low-cost, low-risk and you're not driving on another team's retreads.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:52:58 pm »

I love Givens, he'd be a great addition.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:01:27 am »

I love Givens, he'd be a great addition.

I have no problem with Givens, but I think the market is going to set his price too high to make it worthwhile to add him. If he wants to come to Miami for a bargain...bring him on down! I'd consider him an upgrade over Booker for our #2 WR slot at this point of Booker's career, and having Booker as a #3 WR (& Welker as the #4) would be an impressive WR arsenal for Rivers (oops, did I say that out loud?) or Frerotte or Rosenfels or Cutler or Croyle or whoever.

I still say too expensive though...  Undecided

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:05:08 am »

Eric Moulds is who you should be looking at.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 01:36:26 pm »

Eric Moulds is who you should be looking at.

More like TO. 
SCFinFan
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 02:09:00 pm »

what about good ol' reggie wayne? If sunstroke's right, and we're gonna have to pay through the nose for a proven FA wideout, why not just go straight to the top of the list as far as talent and behavior goes?
JMoney13

JMoney134u
Email
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 04:26:04 pm »

I agree with stroke here.  While I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having Givens, I think Chambers and Booker are both better than him and Welker is an excellent third WR.  Spend the money on the O-line.

2005 TDMMC Fantasy Baseball Champion
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray