Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:51:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  James Brown leaving Fox
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: James Brown leaving Fox  (Read 1647 times)
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« on: February 04, 2006, 01:10:57 pm »

I just heard that James Brown is leaving Fox's pre-game show to go to CBS next season. He's going to replace Greg Gumbel, who will do the play by play on CBS's number one team. Gumbel is replacing Dick Enberg, (who I personally thought was a good play by play guy), who is getting bumped to the number two team.

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 11:24:20 pm »

I heard them discussing this on ESPN radio last week. They were making fun of Bradshaw saying he was going to now anchor and how he would handle it. I don't think anyone actually knows what will happen on FOX for the moment.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
mcduff81
Uber Member

2007 NCAA Tournament!!

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 11:11:12 am »

That's good. I like Gumbel more as an announcer than as a host. Him and Simms were much beter than Nantz and Simms..IMO.
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 03:24:25 pm »

That's good. I like Gumbel more as an announcer than as a host. Him and Simms were much beter than Nantz and Simms..IMO.

Same here. Nantz doesn't belong in the booth he belongs in the studio.  Very sharp analyst but it needs to be in a place where it can be elaborated, & live games isnt the place for it.

If I'm not mistaken Dick Enberg/Dan Dierdorf was not the #1 team at CBS they were the #2 team. The #1 team is Simms/Nantz. So if Gumbel is replacing Nantz he's on the #1 team, & not bumping Enberg anywhere. Where will Nantz end up is my question.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray