Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:09:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New York Rangers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New York Rangers  (Read 1590 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 02, 2006, 09:55:58 pm »

Thank God they are good again, because the Knicks are the worst they have ever been.

The team has a legitimate shot at winning the Hart(MVP), Calder(Rookie of the Year) and Vezina(Best Goalie) trophies this year. MVP for Jagr and the other two for Lundqvist.

I don't think they are good enough to win the Cup this year because they still need a scorer for the 3rd and 4th lines, but they can back into the #1 seed in the East if Hasek is gone for a lengthy amount of time.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 09:57:39 pm »

Thank heaven.  I am sick and tired of seeing MSG dark and empty in May and June. 
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 07:31:15 am »

They're looking real strong,  I'll be pulling for them in the playoffs (2nd fav. team) but Ottawa is still rollin' out the punches,  I think they'll take the East.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 07:51:42 am by Thundergod » Logged
wyvernmcd
YJFF Member

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:30:35 pm »

The team has a legitimate shot at winning the Hart(MVP), Calder(Rookie of the Year) and Vezina(Best Goalie) trophies this year. MVP for Jagr and the other two for Lundqvist.

I like the idea of Lundqvist winning either Calder or Vezina (more likely Vezina) but I don't see him winning rookie of the year unless the Rangers make the playoffs and make final 4. Otherwise the Calder goes to Ovechkin (i think i spelled this wrong but it's the kid from Washington). From what I understand Jagr may not be considered if he can't close the lock on the Richard (most goals scored).  I can't think of any other real good shots at Hart but playoffs usually tip scales for the votes that are on the fence (I have always been told that all of the voting is done by the regular season, but I just don't buy that).

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."  - J.D. Salinger
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray