Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:02:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Wells pulls trade demand -
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wells pulls trade demand -  (Read 1739 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:18:06 am »

David Wells has pulled his trade request / demand and stated that he wants to end his career in Boston.  Following this season, Wells will retire.

This is very good news for the Sox.  Wells started '05 rough however finished June - end of season with 12 wins and under a 3.80 ERA.  This also allows Boston to bring Papelbon and Lester along even more slowly.

If the season started today, Boston's staff is:

1)  Curt Schilling
2)  Josh Beckett
3)  Tim Wakefield
4)  David Wells
5)  Matt Clement

Not a bad starting five.  This allows the Sox to send Arroyo to the pen to go along with Tavares, Rudy, Timlin and Foulke.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
SCFinFan
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:08:25 pm »

This is fantastic news, Maine. I was really hoping Boomer'd stay around for one more year in the ol' AL East. I just hope he doesn't throw any perfect games against his former teamates in NY.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:33:28 pm »

I think David will be a 13-17 game winner - ERA around his career average.  He'll miss a start here and there, but mostly be a fairly decent starter for the Sox.

I wouldn't count on ANYONE throwing a no no on NYY any time soon!!  Cy Young himself couldn't come back and do that.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 05:37:51 pm »

Boomer is always good for those numbers it seems. I say he goes 16-12 with a 3.90 ERA and maybe misses 2 starts. He isn't the best, but when you can pencil in a guy for almost all his starts and 15-20 wins, it's a good thing to have.

Still pissed off at him for Game 5 of the 2003 World Series though. Drinking beer and not exercising which leads to an injury is one horrible thing, but BRAGGING about how you don't need to tak care of yourself right before you can't go more than an inning is really horrible.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray