Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:58:12 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Huizenga: Economy affecting ticket sales..................
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Huizenga: Economy affecting ticket sales..................  (Read 13060 times)
Defense54
Uber Member

« on: June 23, 2008, 09:56:32 pm »

Yeah Wayne.........but that great 1-15 season had nothing to do with it right?  Roll Eyes

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2008/06/23/a2c_nflru_0624.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=46

You can bet your ass the reason I'm doing a 3 game package this year as opposed to season tickets is because I hate walking down that circular ramp with all the opposing teams fans laughing and whooping it up around me. At least at home I can just throw shit at the TV and be done with it once I shut the damn thing off.  Tongue

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 05:13:17 pm »

Wayne is probably right.

I originally left because I was upset with ticket pricing, but now that I'm gone, I'm likely not going back.  Gas to get down there, parking, a ticket, and food costs a bunch of money, not to mention the extra drainage of your time.

I like watching on TV, with a Tivo buffer.  Much cheaper, and it doesn't take up your whole day.

I drink your milkshake!
TEKGOD
Uber Member

It's all about the U

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 05:17:21 pm »

Uh....no.

Gas prices are country wide.
Yet places like NE, Dallas, Philly, or NY have no setbacks with their season tickets.
This is vintage Wayne bs.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 05:20:46 pm »

It was my reason for not getting tickets.  ...so that's 1 person less.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 05:39:09 pm »

You don't count, Dave.  The average south florida sports fan is fickle, this is well-documented.  They only spend money when the team is winning.

This might be the first season in years where we see local blackouts.

While price may be a factor, its not the ONLY factor, and Wayne is being naive if he thinks so.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

That stadium hasn't really sold out in years. The economy is a factor, but the product we have been seeing of late is another.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 06:28:16 pm »

Wayne, you're just trying to spin something to the media.  Grow a pair for once in your life and admit your product on the field sucks. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:49:19 am »

Are you guys denying that the economy is affecting ticket sales?

It doesn't say that it's the only factor...just one of them.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 05:14:49 am »

I don't know if it is or isn't, but generally speaking, spending on "entertainment" is one of the last to drop during a downturn. You might think it'd be the first to go, as a luxury of some kind, but it isn't.
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 06:44:19 am »

I don't know if it is or isn't, but generally speaking, spending on "entertainment" is one of the last to drop during a downturn. You might think it'd be the first to go, as a luxury of some kind, but it isn't.

QFT

It's not even the main factor.  After last year's monstrosity, fans no longer trust this team, and rightfully so.  The Dolphins will have to put together some wins to win back the fans.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 06:55:21 am »

It may to some degree..........but if the Dolphins were not officially in "rebuilding" mode Alot more people might be able to "find: a way to get there. I don't want to change the direction of the thread but I feel it has relevance here,  I know you guys are sick about hearing about Brady Quinn, but that was obviously a Fan Favorite choice. It seriously effected the asses that hit the seats when he wasn't picked. It all just went downhill from there. 

Now he sells half the Team because its gonna be in the Red.........at heart Wayne is still a businessman and not a Football man.  Indifferent

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 08:34:20 am »

Not saying the economy is not a factor, but I AM saying that its not the ONLY factor, as Wayne was having us believe.  If he thinks 1-15 in a south florida sports market, which is as fair-weathered as it gets, he has lost his marbles.

I would love to see a chart correlating ticket sales to wins the previous season...
DolFan619
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 11:53:27 am »

When people have trouble paying for simple things such as: gas, groceries, etc.  Season tickets probably go way down on that list of "must needs."  Add to the fact that the team is coming off the worst record in franchise history, it should come as no surprise that ticket sales are way down.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 12:30:25 pm »

I deal with people every day that have problems making ends meet. yet they find ways to have a cell phone, pager, 24 inch wheels and a $3000 stereo in the car. Not to mention enough Gold to choke Mr T.   My Point?  People find ways to afford Luxuries.  As far as gas and parking goes , there are many places around here that offer affordable packages that include bus, lunch and reasonable 400 section Tickets. If People don't go its because nobody WANTS to see them, not because they can't afford to.  I'm not saying its the only factor , but its alot more then Wayne is letting on that's for sure.  People like to see stars as well. He had one briefly in Ricky Williams but that light has dimmed.  Same goes for Taylor. Zack is gone. The Dolphins need to build up the rooster and get some faces that people will want to come out and see. Adding and getting rid of alot of no names takes it toll.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 12:53:15 pm »

Had the Dolphins finished last season 15-1 and a playoff run, dontcha think people would find the money to buy tickets?  The fact that the team did poorly put them below the "cut list" of fiscal priorities on a lot of people's lists.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray