Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  John Beck has to go.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: John Beck has to go.  (Read 11080 times)
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« on: August 10, 2008, 07:40:17 pm »

This guy is just not an NFL quarterback. I am very sorry. He works hard, yes, but he is no better than an emergency third string QB at this point in time. He looks like is afraid of being in that pocket (and if I were a Miami Dolphins QB, I would be afraid, too), and he looks completely unsure and uneasy. He is just not very talented. You can see the complete difference on the whole team when Chad Henne came in the game. He just LOOKS like a QB out there, stepping into throws and running the team with some authority (pair of balls).

Sorry John Beck. Time to get your real estate license.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
ethurst2
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 08:30:11 pm »

This guy is just not an NFL quarterback. I am very sorry. He works hard, yes, but he is no better than an emergency third string QB at this point in time. He looks like is afraid of being in that pocket (and if I were a Miami Dolphins QB, I would be afraid, too), and he looks completely unsure and uneasy. He is just not very talented. You can see the complete difference on the whole team when Chad Henne came in the game. He just LOOKS like a QB out there, stepping into throws and running the team with some authority (pair of balls).

Sorry John Beck. Time to get your real estate license.

Is he another Gino Torretta?  Huh
jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:47:05 pm »

He is simply a good enough college QB who played against southwest utah community college's JV teams and was able to beat them, but he does not have anywhere near the physical or mental skills necessary to compete at the NFL level. It is very apparent, no matter how many five yard screen passes he is able to complete. He looked the exact same as he did last year - slow, flat-footed, and rock-hard from the waist down (not that idiots, his legs knees and thighs). He is also completely innacurate as a thrower, which if I recall correctly he was praised for being a "very accurate quarterback". Accurate at taking up space on an NFL roster, yes. Accurate throwing the football? Absolutely not.

This is clearly Chad Henne's future team, and Chad Pennington's to play around for a while.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:05:25 am »

Wow...Jtex and I agree on something.  Shocked

I don't think I was active on the boards during the Superbowl, so I'll say this now. A big thank you to your team, Jtex!

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 02:18:47 am »

I think you may be right.

I just think he doesn't "have it".  He looks flustered all the time.  At first I thought it was just rookie jitters, but it stayed with him through the offseason.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 11:25:19 am »

i think you guys are looking for him to look flustered.  If you watch his game with a positive outlook, you'll see it differently.

I thought McCown looked WAY worse than Beck did out there in that game, and Beck played against the starting defense.  I agree that Henne looked the best of the three.
simeon
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:41:08 pm »

i think you guys are looking for him to look flustered.  If you watch his game with a positive outlook, you'll see it differently.

I thought McCown looked WAY worse than Beck did out there in that game, and Beck played against the starting defense.  I agree that Henne looked the best of the three.
Brian I don't think that is true, the facts remain that Beck did look flustered and rushed. The guy never really looked down field, he just threw dink and dunks and his best play was a nine yard reception by Ginn. Beck had no awareness in the pocket and was throwing inaccurate passes. Chad Henne went down the field and had great zip on the ball, a couple passes were a bit off but still catchable balls. All that aside I will say it is not time to dump Beck yet, I believe we should wait until Henne takes over the team then we can cut him. Jtex is correct in everything he said, except it's McCown who needs to go off this team this year.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son, and whom ever shall believe in Him shall not die but have everlasting life.
gocowboys31
Uber Member

F$U sucks!!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:11:25 pm »

Beck should've never been drafted in the first place. Brady Quinn was the OBVIOUS choice. Beck played in a system at BYU where he's throwing 2 and 5 yard hicthes and the WR's do the rest. Anyone can be accurate throwing those kinda routes. Beck is a midget, has small hands, and dosen't semm confident in his ability. He should be the clear leader in the QB race before pennington arrived, but he's failed. time for the fat tuna to cut his losses.Forget about getting anything in a trade, the guy has zero value.

Some teams play for the BCS title, some teams play in the Emerald bowl.  Urban Meyer
Tepop84
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 09:16:57 pm »

Yes beck should have never been drafted.  Playing in a weak conference being atleast 4 years older than the rest of the people around him should have never got him drafted at all.
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 09:19:49 pm »

I hate to agree Beck is a shitbag,needs to go ahead and start looking for life after The NFL.   (7-11 is always looking for a few good men)

30$ on pump 4......

Tepop84
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »

I hate to agree Beck is a shitbag,needs to go ahead and start looking for life after The NFL.   (7-11 is always looking for a few good men)

30$ on pump 4......

Why is he a shitbag?  He just isn't a good football player, it doesn't mean he isn't a good person.  And I am pretty sure with his education and money he got from being drafted, he won't ever have to work a shit job in his life.
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 09:39:10 pm »

Why is he a shitbag?  He just isn't a good football player, it doesn't mean he isn't a good person.  And I am pretty sure with his education and money he got from being drafted, he won't ever have to work a shit job in his life.

I'm just venting,kick back relax its only the internet.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 01:05:09 am »

Wow...John Beck isn't going to cut it as Miami's QB?  Damn, who would have ever thought that would happen.

Roll Eyes

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 04:00:18 am »

Agreed  Beck looked like crap again .  McClown   Roll Eyes  Henne while no TD's looked way better.  Hopefully CP can put some scoring Drives together Huh Huh

ethurst2
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 10:35:57 am »

I keep being a sucker for these WAC (especially BYU) quarterbacks.

I was hoping that Beck would show great growth but he hasn't. You never want to tag "journeyman" to someone's career so early but if he doesn't get with a team and start showing something, he will be working in the private sector.

I think that Beck needs to go to a team that has a West Coast Offense. HE doesn't fit Miami's offense.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray