Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:31:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  HUMILIATING LOSS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: HUMILIATING LOSS  (Read 15843 times)
Chyloe

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 06:44:44 pm »

Just sucks loosing a Home Game!!!
Being a real fan and go from Los Angeles to Miami to see them loose against the stinking Jets,they were more jets fans then Phins fans in the stadium!! thats pathetic!!so i'm pissed at the fact that we have the worst fan base in the whole nfl!! We HAVE a Rookie team and they need our support!!and that starts by going to games...

landlocked
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 07:28:20 pm »

Wow!You went all the day from L.A. to Miami just to watch the game?You ARE a fan!!!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 07:47:55 pm »

I stop hating when they stop losing.  After suffering through Wanny and Scam Cameron, I have zero patience.

Then where is all the Parcells bashing? Why stop the trend now?  Wink Grin

Isn't this why a lot of us thought playing the whole experienced veteran QB was a waste anyway.  We're a young team that needs a lot of work and paying some veteran while allowing our young QBs to sit isn't really going to change anything. We should be playing Beck and then bing in Henne down the road. Honestly ... Penny is wasting our time and it's just messing with some of you guys' expectations.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 07:51:56 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 08:03:01 pm »

Threads like this piss me off and the only reason I am posting is to say they piss me off. Come with something constructive. To say there is nothing to build on after this game is asinine and moronic. The only way there is nothing to build on is to win the Super Bowl with a shut out.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 08:08:11 pm »

I don't see all this Ginn bashing. Blame it on the O-Line or whatever, but when noodle arm dumps it 5-10 yds. into the middle every 2 seconds, and at times into coverage, how can you blame the WR going long?

What about all those let the ball bounce for no return kickoffs ? He was really useless today.

Dphins4me
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 08:15:10 pm »

What about all those let the ball bounce for no return kickoffs ? He was really useless today.

Weren't those short line drive type punts?    Can't get up to catch those.
Defense54
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:37 pm »

Everyone? By the third quarter you think he would adapt a little and TRY to run one in...........

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »

Absolutely not.  One was especially fieldable, with running room ahead, and blockers.  The decision not to field it probably cost us 25 yards in field position.  Another one was a bit closer, but even could've been caught, but at the very least fielded on a bounce to prevent it from rolling.

I drink your milkshake!
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 09:29:28 pm »

I guess I gotta be nice!!

YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 09:31:21 pm »

Then where is all the Parcells bashing? Why stop the trend now?  Wink Grin

Damnit!!!!  Parcells completely tears down this team and promises great things, but even with a new coach and new players, we're still getting the same crappy results!!!!  He needs to be fired!!!!
ethurst2
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »

America...land of the instant results.

I don't see a problem with today's game. The Dolphins are really a team that's rebuilding but they DID NOT QUIT! 13 seconds and you still have the chance to win a game if you make a play is not bad for a rebuilding team. They will win those share of games once they get experienced.

Last year, at halftime, the score would have been 24-0 en-route to a trashing. They gave the Jets all they could handle. Yes, they blew some plays but you won't see much of that in the coming weeks.

As for the offense, Ted Ginn Jr. is getting blamed for not getting open. Look, he's the only deep threat the Dolphins have. All they have to do is bracket Ginn and that takes away the outside receivers. The rest of the receivers either have pedestrian speed (Camarillo, Hagan, Wilford) or are raw (Bess, Armstrong). Miami doesn't have the receivers to stretch the field. So teams are going to stack the box and dare C.P. to throw the ball down the field which he could do if he had more time.

On the flea-flicker that Ricky had to keep for a yard loss, Camarillo was WIDE OPEN! There wasn't a guy within seven yards of him. Kris Jenkins collapsed the play so Ricky had to keep the ball and couldn't flip it back to C.P.

Get use to Ricky and Ronnie fighting 8 man fronts. Miami is running a conventional-conservative offense like they do in Dallas. The only difference is that Dallas has more talent at the receiver spot (Terrell Owens) running back (Marion Barber) and tight end spot (Jason Witten).

And congrats to Anthony Fasano who had a great day catching the ball. At least the Dolphins have rediscovered that it's okay for a tight end to run down the middle of the field and catch some balls.

The defense is going to be okay and it's evident that Crowder is no Zach Thomas. The DB's took some bad angles and made bad decisions but hey, this should have been expected.

This is why coaches die in Miami. Miami fans are spoiled because of the success that the franchise had so early in it's inception into the NFL. Jimmy tried to rebuild with an old quarterback (didn't work). Wannstedt bowed down and traded away draft picks to win instantly (didn't work). Nick Saban wanted to keep an aging core of players and win instantly (didn't work). Cameron and Mueller had the right idea as far as injecting youth but Cameron wasn't a leader of men (didn't work).

We're going to have to REBUILD. So there's no use in getting mad. I can count you the Dolphins rebuilding years and there haven't been many...

1966 - First season
1977 - Shula coming off of a 6-8 record
1996 - Jimmy turning over 85% of the roster

3 rebuilding years in 43 years? Now compare that to other teams in the AFC East (Patriots, Jets, Bills and you can throw the old Baltimore/Indy Colts teams in there).

So I don't know what the screaming is about. We might win six games but as long as you see that Miami is very limited as far as depth, then you would have a different view.

I'm not a big Parcells fan but they at least deserve a couple of seasons without being judged on one game.

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 10:03:59 pm »

Nic
I guess I gotta be nice!!

^^^^(I deleted one of USO's posts)

I figured I would shut the door on the shitfest of name calling your post was going to start.  Let's cut the new guys some slack until they get a feel for the board.
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 10:09:32 pm »

Nic
^^^^(I deleted one of USO's posts)

I figured I would shut the door on the shitfest of name calling your post was going to start.  Let's cut the new guys some slack until they get a feel for the board.

Thats cool I called Philly thought it was him!!My bad...... Cry  Sorry!

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 10:46:48 pm »

I don't see a problem with today's game. The Dolphins are really a team that's rebuilding but they DID NOT QUIT! 13 seconds and you still have the chance to win a game if you make a play is not bad for a rebuilding team. They will win those share of games once they get experienced.

Last year, at halftime, the score would have been 24-0 en-route to a trashing. They gave the Jets all they could handle. Yes, they blew some plays but you won't see much of that in the coming weeks.
Um, this game looked exactly like any number of games from the the first half of last season.  We were in the game until the end, but did just enough to lose.

All that talk about a "new culture of accountability" doesn't seem to mean much now.  The sloppy play and excessive penalties were just as bad, if not worse, than the Cameron era.

jtex316
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 10:51:31 pm »

Yeah, send Sporano his walking papers!

Any of you idiots that really thought that this season was going to be some kind of 9-7 or 10-6 type season, you need serious medical rehabilitation. This entire season will be much like this, with incremental improvements along the way. This is a REBUILDING year, and you were still 1 pass away from winning the game despite all of the nonsense.

The only nonsense is this post, and this disdain for this loss, as if you somehow expected to flip over an entire coaching staff and personnel staff and expect to win anything of signifigance in season 1.

Morons.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray