Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:43:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Who should the dolphins pick in the next draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Who should the dolphins pick in the next draft  (Read 28722 times)
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2009, 03:27:56 pm »

I want another short, skinny, fast WR with bad hands and an inability of going over the middle for fear of getting hit.  And his family.

I edited your post a little there Maine.  I hope you don't mind.   Grin Grin

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2009, 07:54:02 pm »

For all you you hollering for a nosetackle...how about these guys?

Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
Height: 6-4. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.23.
Projected Round (2009): 4-5.
2007: Sammie Lee Hill had 14 TFL and 4.5 sacks as a junior.

Myron Pryor, Kentucky
Height: 6-1. Weight: 309.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2009): 5-6.
1/10/09: Thanks to 11 TFL and 4.5 sacks, Myron Pryor was elected to the All-SEC Second Team.

Nader Abdallah, Ohio State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 4.96.
Projected Round (2009): 7.
1/10/09: Finished with five TFL, three passes broken up and a sack.

Antonio Dixon, Miami
Height: 6-3. Weight: 328.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
Projected Round (2009): 7-FA.
11/23/08: Antonio Dixon has struggled coming off his knee injury, but will get some consideration because of his size.

5/9/08: A monstrous nose tackle who was a third-round prospect on this chart until he suffered a knee injury last season.

2007: Antonio Dixon started two games as a sophomore, recording 14 tackles. One of the largest run-stuffers in this class.

All information from...
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009DT.php
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »

I know there are a lot of Selvie haters on this board, but when I saw this, it made me very happy...hope it happens!  One of the many mock drafts on this site.

Miami Dolphins: George Selvie, DE/OLB, South Florida
Geirge Selvie's stock should be on the rise against after the Combine, where he might catch Tony Sparano's eye with his size and speed. This team really has no upside in terms of a pass rush (since Joey Porter is old). Eric Norwood would have been the pick here if he did not return to school.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php
YoFuggedaboutit
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2009, 08:01:06 pm »

I know there are a lot of Selvie haters on this board, but when I saw this, it made me very happy...hope it happens!  One of the many mock drafts on this site.

Miami Dolphins: George Selvie, DE/OLB, South Florida
Geirge Selvie's stock should be on the rise against after the Combine, where he might catch Tony Sparano's eye with his size and speed. This team really has no upside in terms of a pass rush (since Joey Porter is old). Eric Norwood would have been the pick here if he did not return to school.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

Selvie would not be a good fit in Miami's system.  He's used to the 4-3, and Miami runs a 3-4.  If they draft him, he better learn to play OLB. 

After seeing Baltimore and Tennessee go at it today, I agree that pass rushing should be the Dolphins top priority.  But they need to pick the right guy.  Selvie aint it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2009, 08:08:51 pm »

Selvie would not be a good fit in Miami's system.  He's used to the 4-3, and Miami runs a 3-4.  If they draft him, he better learn to play OLB. 

After seeing Baltimore and Tennessee go at it today, I agree that pass rushing should be the Dolphins top priority.  But they need to pick the right guy.  Selvie aint it.

I've followed his college career pretty closely and I do think he is "it".  The guy can pass rush as an OLB and is good against the run...plus I've seen him in zone/blitz schemes so know he can cover...did anyone think Roth would do well as a 3-4 OLB?  He wasn't lights out, but he was decent, and I think Selvie would be even better....He's perfect size, speed, and skill set for a 3-4 OLB.
DolFan619
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2009, 07:51:12 pm »

OLB Clint Sintim, University of Virginia.
BingeBag
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2009, 10:35:39 pm »

Thought: We already have Percey Harvin on our roster. We don't need another. If you think we need someone else can do flys or be our 15th running back than you're crazy.

They DO have Miami selecting 3 straight defensive backs. DJ Moore at #20, Alphonso Smith at #47 and S Kam Chancellor at #59.

If we snatch Alphonso Smith, I will be so pumped! That would be a steal. I think he is going to be a shutdown player in the NFL. I like Macho Harris a lot too. I would be really excited for either.

why do you say that?

Size, injury issues, strength of o-line's that he has faced.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2009, 04:40:52 pm »

Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah 

Expected to go in the 2nd round.

Check out this INT...amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9M2w9m320k
Bradys3Rings

Email
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2009, 09:29:57 am »

does miami really need another safety?  didn't bell resign?  didn't jason allen get shifted to the other safety position?  i think you're pretty okay at safety, i don't know if i would be looking for safety depth in the second round.  corner is still a need for you and all linebacking positions as well.  roth looks lost out there at times.  i know he's new to the position but come on.  miami's pass rush SUCKS.  flat out sucks.  you need a speedster passing rushing OLB.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray