Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:35:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Plain white t-shirts that don't SHRINK?? Help.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Plain white t-shirts that don't SHRINK?? Help.  (Read 16829 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:00:08 am »

This is driving me nuts.  I can not, for the life of me, find plain white t-shirts that don't shrink four sizes after they are washed once.

In the winter I wear them under just about everything.  I am very anal about tucking in my shirts, I can't stand to have one on and not tucked in.  I find that I am always buying the damn things because of the way they shrink.  I've even tried buying 3XL ones.  They kind of suck.  Sure, they are long enough but, Jesus.  I swim in them.

And even those shrunk too much!

Doesn't matter how they are washed.  Buy an XL and you can bet it'll be a medium within two washes.

Any help out there for me, guys?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 11:07:05 am »

Are you putting them in the dryer? Try hang drying them.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10:00 am »

I haven't owned any plain white undershirts since moving to FL over a decade ago...

Like Phish recommended though, when I am concerned over the possibility of something shrinking, I will hang dry it instead of the dryer heat.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 11:10:55 am »

Are you putting them in the dryer? Try hang drying them.

No, good call. 

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:31:14 am »

What shirts are you buying?  I have the same problem, but I bought one plain white shirt made by Nike (it has the swoosh on it but otherwise its plain white) and it hasn't shrunk 1 inch through like 20+ washes.

I find that the cheapo 3-for-$8 Hanes or Fruit of the Loom shirts just suck because of this.  Maybe try buying a better-quality shirt?
bsfins
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:33:46 am »

Brand helps,Fruit of the loom,have to be the WORST F'n T-shirts for shinkage....Hanes still shrinks,but not near as fast as Fruit of the loom...I miss BVD,I used to buy them at Kmart (colored) for me they were the best about not shrinking.Then Kmart got the bright idea to carry joe boxer,and route 66..and discontinued BVD (I think you can find them at some departments stores in the mall..Eww yucki,No way)..I've worn 3XL T-shirts shince I was 17  Undecided as soon as they shrink,they become rags...
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »

Is there no company that makes pre shrunk shirts?

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Philly Fin Fan
Uber Member

philly_fin_fan PhillyDolFan
Email
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 05:52:57 pm »

I wear plain white t-shirts under my dress shirts all the time. I buy Calvin Klein T-shirts, and have never had any problem with them shrinking- and that is with washing them in hot water, and putting them in the dryer as well. Go to Marshalls, and you can get them for fairly cheap (as opposed to going to Macy's or someplace like that).

"Lo and behold, the National League East belongs to one team and one city, and that's the City of Brotherly Love, baby," Jimmy Rollins
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 12:40:48 am »

Try big and tall mens stores and look for tall shirts, as they have a longer torso.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »

Hanes seem to last for a while.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
SCFinfan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 11:54:21 pm »

Mine don't shrink. I think they're tagless FotL.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray