Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:16:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: QB Chad Pennington to start vs. Titans  (Read 40943 times)
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 02:00:27 pm »

I really do not understand all the hate being directed towards Henne by "fans".

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Brian
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 02:00:46 pm »

I like the move. The last QB we had any success with is Pennington. We won the division the last time he was QB for this team. Why not put him back out there and see what he can do?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 02:02:46 pm »

People on fb are reading way to much into this and are expecting Henne to be cut.

If he isn't hurt, you might as well.  Henne is either the future of the franchise or he isn't. If he is he should not be benched.  If he isn't start figuring out who you will be drafting next and cut him in an uncapped year to avoid the cap hit next year. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 02:03:50 pm »

the word on WQAm radio, omar kelly is responding, and he's saying that coaches feel that Henne, and NOT Henning, are being conservative during the playcalling and he is checking down and not making plays that can exploit defenses.

wow.  I still believe it's the game plan, IMO, WRs are ALWAYS covered and under duress.  NO ONE is running free down the lanes/seams.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 02:06:10 pm »

I like the move. The last QB we had any success with is Pennington. We won the division the last time he was QB for this team. Why not put him back out there and see what he can do?

Because Pennington is old and we're not going to win anything this season anyway. It's paramount that we try to develop the top talent that we have. Dumping him after about a season worth of starts (with decent overall stats) is a really terrible decision.

As Hoodie points out, what now? Unless you really believe that benching him will somehow HELP him improve (for whatever reason), then you might as well cut him.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 02:08:59 pm »

One possibility is that in earlier Pennington vs. Henne debates, Parcells was the one who liked Henne with others being for Pennington. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
USO-ORLANDO
Uber Member

1-15 gets no pic!!

WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 02:09:08 pm »

wtf

JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 02:13:02 pm »

I am disappointed.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 02:17:03 pm »

Tony, I have to tell you, this is the WORST move you have EVER made as head coach of the Dolphins.

I can already see what will happen.  Henne played a brutal schedule and looked average.  Sparano switches to Pennington who plays pretty well against a powder puff last 8 games and loses to NY and NE.  Despite that Miami still misses the playoffs and again we have no clear QB of the future.  People will see what Pennington did in the last half of the year and think he should be the QB, when in fact had he played instead of Henne in the first half of the year he would have been exposed for the weaknesses that are in his game.  On top of it all, you've just destroyed any confidence that Henne had whatsoever and he'll probably want to be traded before next year, so we'll have to start the search for the next QB again.  How many does that make since Marino now?  

Yeah, I now think it's time for Sparano to go too.  Can we get a head coach who looks BEYOND the NEXT game on the schedule please?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 02:19:59 pm »

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 02:20:44 pm »

the word on WQAm radio, omar kelly is responding, and he's saying that coaches feel that Henne, and NOT Henning, are being conservative during the playcalling and he is checking down and not making plays that can exploit defenses.
Then FIX IT!!!!!  Tell him to OPEN IT UP!!!  SCREAM it if you have too and quit telling him to be conservative with the damn ball and avoid INT's!!!!  YOU'RE THE F'ING COACH!!!!  Tell him that we've nothing left to lose.  AIR IT OUT!!!

Now if he DOES that and throws 20 INT's, THEN bench him, but don't bench him because he's AFRAID to throw down the field when all he's heard his whole time at Miami is BALL SECURITY!!!!

OMG!!!!

tepop
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 02:21:30 pm »

Tony, I have to tell you, this is the WORST move you have EVER made as head coach of the Dolphins.

I can already see what will happen.  Henne played a brutal schedule and looked average.  Sparano switches to Pennington who plays pretty well against a powder puff last 8 games and loses to NY and NE.  Despite that Miami still misses the playoffs and again we have no clear QB of the future.  People will see what Pennington did in the last half of the year and think he should be the QB, when in fact had he played instead of Henne in the first half of the year he would have been exposed for the weaknesses that are in his game.  On top of it all, you've just destroyed any confidence that Henne had whatsoever and he'll probably want to be traded before next year, so we'll have to start the search for the next QB again.  How many does that make since Marino now?  

Yeah, I now think it's time for Sparano to go too.  Can we get a head coach who looks BEYOND the NEXT game on the schedule please?

Henne is 18th in DVOA.  So adjusted for defenses, he is still below average.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:15 pm »

On behalf of my beloved 49ers, we'd like to extend a humble offer to the Dolphins. We'll be glad to trade you Ted Ginn jr straight up for Chad Henne...no questions asked.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 02:30:51 pm »

Henne is 18th in DVOA.  So adjusted for defenses, he is still below average.
And last week, prior to be intercepted 3 times, none of which appeared to be his fault, he was 14th I believe and about average.  You haven't said a word about Henne in weeks and after a dismal display by the entire offense, not just Henne you chime in.  Great, now we have a head coach that thinks like Tepop.  Think I'll slit my wrists now.

You want to bench someone?  Bench Smith who dropped a pick six.  Or Bench everyone on the defense that missed more than 3 tackles, oops can't do that because you'd have to bench the ENTIRE defensive unit.  Bench the special teams player who didn't know that he had flyer coverage on punts....well I guess it is kinda hard to remember when you only force the opponent to punt (well at least get in punt formation) once the entire game.  Bench Chowder for flapping his gums about Baltimore's defense and then complaining about getting spit on.  Bench Ricky and Ronnie who havent' had a good game THIS YEAR!

I'll tell you one thing, Miami's problem isn't ONLY Henne, there's PLENTY of blame to go around.  To think that Pennington is going to make a difference is folly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 03:06:40 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

tepop
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 02:33:04 pm »

On behalf of my beloved 49ers, we'd like to extend a humble offer to the Dolphins. We'll be glad to trade you Ted Ginn jr straight up for Chad Henne...no questions asked.

Don't the 49ers already have 3 career backups, why do you need a 4th?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray