Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:28:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Zach Thomas says dirty deed by Jets was orchestrated strategy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Zach Thomas says dirty deed by Jets was orchestrated strategy  (Read 4987 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 15, 2010, 10:00:37 am »

This is probably redundant at this point but worth a look considering who said it ... IMO.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/ex-miami-dolphin-zach-thomas-says-dirty-deed-1122207.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

There's more to this story," Thomas, who experienced the Dolphins-Jets rivalry for 11 seasons, said Tuesday on WQAM-560.

He believes that Jets strength coach Sal Alosi, who stuck out his left knee to trip Carroll, was under orders to stand as close to the sideline as possible to impede the progress of any player flying down the field.

Thomas didn't say he thinks Alosi was ordered to trip Carroll. But the fact that six members of the organization lined up toe-to-toe on the edge of the sideline led Thomas to believe that they stood in those positions intentionally.

"They had to be ordered to stand there because they're foot-to-foot," Thomas said. "They're only out there to restrict the space of the gunner."

I like that they interviewed Westoff too

Westhoff denied culpability.

"No. 1, I did not instruct anyone," Westhoff said in a statement issued by the team. "No. 2, I was not aware. With all of the people on the sidelines, it would be inconsequential and I would not be involved in any way, shape or form."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:36:38 am »

Big question...

Is he saying this cause he is the biggest Jets hater on the planet, who is just speculating like the rest of us....

----OR-----

Does he have inside information as a family member of a Jets player? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Frimp
Uber Member

Join us!

billselby9773
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:01 am »

Big question...

Is he saying this cause he is the biggest Jets hater on the planet, who is just speculating like the rest of us....

----OR-----

Good question...but I seriously doubt JT would have spilled the beans to him on this.

http://www.phinvaders.com 2012 events...stay tuned.
BILL PARCELLS for Ring of Dishonor!!! (and don't forget Eric Green)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:31 am »

Big question...

I couldn't help but think this as well. Jason is his best friend as well so it isn't like this hasn't been discussed.  Of course, I don't think Zach would throw Jason under the bus either so if he does have inside info he can't exactly go spewing it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 11:05:44 am »

Good question...but I seriously doubt JT would have spilled the beans to him on this.

Why not?  Notwithstanding Defense99* rantings to the contrary,  I think deep down JT is a Dolphin, not a Jet.  And if JT suspected this came from above he would want it to come out due to his friendship with Nolan. 

But as a Jet he can hardly call up the NYC media ask for a press conference and call out Ryan. However, he use Zack to sow the seed for the NYC media to corner him in the locker room for follow up questions and then let it slip out.  So they do a little dance. 

*speaking of Defense99, he hasn't been around in a while, anybody know why?     

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 11:22:04 am »

^^^ I have no idea, but I'm certain that if he were dead and buried in some vacant lot in Pompano Beach, I'd know nothing about it.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 12:11:48 pm »

Why not?  Notwithstanding Defense99* rantings to the contrary,  I think deep down JT is a Dolphin, not a Jet.  And if JT suspected this came from above he would want it to come out due to his friendship with Nolan.
Why would JT be friends with Nolan Carroll?  Carroll was drafted after JT left.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 12:15:22 pm »

Why would JT be friends with Nolan Carroll?  Carroll was drafted after JT left.

Okay never mind that part.  I still think JT is more Dolphin than Jet and if he suspect Ryan was behind this he would want it to come out. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:39:16 pm »

Okay never mind that part.  I still think JT is more Dolphin than Jet and if he suspect Ryan was behind this he would want it to come out. 
I'm not sure about that.  I think JT's allegiance to the team would be more of a motivating factor.  I agree that Jet is more a Dolphin than a Jet, but right now he's a Jet.  I can't see him undermining the organization regardless of the reason why.  Now, if after the year he retires or leaves the Jets, than I think he wouldn't have a problem talking about it, but not now, not even to Zach unless Zach made it clear he would never admit it publicly.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 01:30:08 pm »

I think Zach's speculation that this was planned is based on the physical evidence, not on inside information.  You have to agree that the way the players are standing, and the reaction they had to Carroll coming towards them was very suspicious.  This wasn't one player, it was a group.  Feet together, hands in pockets, no one moving.  I for one, would be running like a scared school girl if a gunner was coming towards me at full speed.   

I think the Jets have intentionally try to create an intimidating image based on having little to no respect for the teams they are playing.  Apparently, it permeates the entire organization.  While I wouldn't say they are "dirty", I think this mentality is often confused by players and coaches, leading to incidents like the one we saw on Sunday. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 01:47:29 pm »

I agree with you that I don't think Zach knows anything more than we do, he's just giving his opinion.

What I'm not sure about is whether or not this was a planned thing or more just a on-the-spot decision.  Earlier in the game against the Jets one of the Dolphins was flagged for running out of bounds and not getting back onto the field of play quickly enough.  I think a few of the Jets inactive players and the strength and conditioning coach took it upon themselves to fix that little problem and decided they would enforce a little sideline rule of their own.  I don't think they were instructed to do it, I just think they kind of came to the decision to do it based on that earlier play.  They decided to stand right on the line and not move if a Miami player came running at them.  Their biggest mistake was that the coach got a little too ambitious and stuck out a knee.  Had he not done that, no one would have noticed and it wouldn't have been an issue, it would have just been a couple of Jets players and a coach pushing the envelope, which a lot of other teams do as well.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 02:55:18 pm »

Update.  Jets agree with Zach.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/15/jets-say-alosi-formed-wall-of-players/

There was more.  It was orchestrated. 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 03:15:30 pm »

This is exactly what I suspected all along.  It was orchestrated...by Alosi.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:18:24 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Jim Gray
Global Moderator
Uber Member

'72 - The Perfect Season

texasjimgray
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

This story just keeps giving.  Best of all, this will continue to be a distraction for the team and the coaching staff.    Thank you Alosi. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2010, 03:56:41 pm »

When all else fails.....blame the Patriots!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/15/westhoff-accuses-patriots-of-building-sideline-wall-too/

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray