Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:41:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  And now there is no hope.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: And now there is no hope.  (Read 7144 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 07, 2011, 10:26:08 am »

I have 2 Predictions.

1)  Miami will not draft a QB in the 1st round of the 2011 draft.

2)  Sparano will not make it to the end of the 2011 season.  He's either fired or quits before the year is out.

At this point I'm PRAYING for a lockout.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 10:34:46 am »

I predict that both of your predictions turn out wrong... Miami drafts Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert in round one, and Sparano makes it all the way through the season as the HC.

Hope is a good thing...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 10:53:47 am »

I'm not sure I really want any of the QBs that would be available at 15 to go to the Dolphins. Maybe Gabbert, I didn't watch Mizzou much.
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:50:10 pm »

'Stroke,

Call me nuts, but I want NO part of Jake Locker.  Am I nuts?  Why do I feel like he's not gonna make it in the pros?

Pappy,

Unless that 1st round QB is really going to be the man, I want no part of a 1st round QB.  They have a way of draining 3-4 years from a team.  I'd almost rather improvements to the linebacking corps, the wideouts, running backs...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 03:03:15 pm by JVides » Logged

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:07:00 pm »

^^^ I have my reservations as well, and if I were pulling triggers in the Phins draft room, I don't take Locker ahead of Gabbert at all. Jake definitely has the physical tools to be a decent NFL QB, but he has some flaws in his game that make giving him a big rookie contract a shaky proposition.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 03:14:26 pm »

the dolphins are going to go after vince young .. you heard it here first
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »

the dolphins are going to go after vince young .. you heard it here first

Oh please no, not that moron.  The guy is not only nuts, but probably legally retarded.  After their owner said that he would not be on their roster next year, one of his fellow players said that even after years with the team, Young was unable to make calls in the huddle because he didn't understand the signals.
StL FinFan
Uber Member

Weaseldoc_13
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »

I predict that both of your predictions turn out wrong... Miami drafts Jake Locker or Blaine Gabbert in round one, and Sparano makes it all the way through the season as the HC.

Hope is a good thing...

I would love to see a guy from Mizzou, and also from where I live in aqua & orange, but I doubt he will fall to the Dolphins, unless he tanks in the combine.

Just say no to Vince Young.

Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »

I have 2 Predictions.

1)  Miami will not draft a QB in the 1st round of the 2011 draft.

2)  Sparano will not make it to the end of the 2011 season.  He's either fired or quits before the year is out.

At this point I'm PRAYING for a lockout.

He won't quit. But the first 2 game losing streak or embarassing loss and Ross will fire him. I doubt Sparano makes it till Columbus Day as our coach.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 06:27:34 pm »

If he starts winning I can't wait to hear you guys then.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:25 pm »

In the AFC East, with NO quarterback of any talent on our roster.....i don't see a lot of winning in our future. We are locked into 3rd place for the near future. Unless Buffalo gets good then its 4th place
JVides
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 10:51:10 am »

^^^Did you see Mark Sanchsux struggle against a crappy Indy defense?  He may not be any good himself!  Further, the Jets are built on the backs of a bunch of 32-34 year-olds.  Stiffen up the D, improve the running game, get aggressive on O, and bump Henne's play to mediocre.  That should net 10 wins by itself.

"under wandering stars I've grown
by myself but not alone
I ask no one"
Metallica, "Wherever I may Roam"
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 01:51:52 pm »

They go 10-6 or better next year and I'll be here saying I was wrong about him.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 01:58:02 pm »

He won't quit.
He might if it gets ugly enough.  2-8 to start the season or something and he might just resign.  Wanstadt did it to save himself the embarrasment and to let Miami start looking for his replacement.  I can see Sparano doing the same thing if it gets bad enough.  Maybe not, but I think Tony is a pretty stand up guy.  If he honestly thought his contract status a distraction for the team, I honestly think he would resign.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 02:06:14 pm »

He might if it gets ugly enough.  2-8 to start the season or something and he might just resign.  Wanstadt did it to save himself the embarrasment and to let Miami start looking for his replacement.  I can see Sparano doing the same thing if it gets bad enough.  Maybe not, but I think Tony is a pretty stand up guy.  If he honestly thought his contract status a distraction for the team, I honestly think he would resign.

If the team is 2-8 how does the team benefit by Tony quitting?  A  distraction when you are already eleminated doesn't do much harm. 

Plus he will have about six million reason to wait to be fired instead of quitting. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray