Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:34:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Who would you be disappointed with if the Dolphins draft them?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who would you be disappointed with if the Dolphins draft them?  (Read 3785 times)
bsfins
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »

Who's this year's Ted Ginn? (in Essence)

Who would you be disappointed that the Dolphins drafted them? and why?
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:07:43 am »

Cam Newton. I don't want a mobile QB, I just don't. I like my QB's in the pocket, I don't want them running around where 1 misstep or bad tackle could end their career. I know there are plenty of ways to get injured at QB, but I don't worry about it as much when they are standing in the pocket.

I'd take Mallet over Newton even if Newton might well turn out to be the better QB.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:46:40 am »

well being this is the anti-fins section....i will give my honest answer.  I will be disappointed if the Dolphins draft a player Belichick is targeting. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:17:11 am »

The list is too long to even contemplate. Given the past history of reaching for players, who knows who they could pick at 15.
bsfins
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 03:18:41 pm »

I kind of agree with Pappy,sentiment of it at least...

I'll probably get ripped for this but ohh well...

I'd be really pissed if we traded up for Cam Newton,I wouldn't like it if he was there at 15,and took it,but understand it a bit..

I don't like Mobile Qb's,because running got them to this point,in the NFL everyone can run.I feel the mobile/running QB's have that run first instinct,when the pocket isn't perfect,or no one is wide open.They tend to take a few years to break that thinking IMO. Then you're not sure how goof a QB they are with running...D.Culpepper I think is a perfect example,without his running,he's not that good of a Qb....

I'm not wild on the idea of spending a 1st round pick on a RB,not anymore...
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:19:13 pm »

I won't be unhappy with Ingram, if that's the pick, simply because I do believe he's the best RB in this class, and the team has RB as a need. If the team goes another direction...either front-7, QB (Mallett) or DB (if Amukamara slid to 15, I'd flip), I'd probably be OK with it as well.

The only player I'm seeing mocked in the middle of round one that I'd rather not have is Cameron Jordan, the D-lineman out of Cal. I think his numbers are a mirage, and think his head will keep him from developing into a star-caliber player at the next level. I could be wrong about him, but my gut says he's bustalicious.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 04:20:14 pm »

I have to agree on the Newton pick. If for any reason we moved up to take him or he slipped and we grabbed him I would not be pleased. In my opinon I think he has bust written all over him.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:30 am »

And now I'm gonna throw in Mark Ingram too.  As time goes on he's appealing less and less. The mock drafts I see now have him going late in the 1st round. I just don't see an "upside" to him. There's other players at 15 that have more "upside", I'd rather take a chance at hitting a home run with one of them.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray