Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:20:09 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  It's not all doom and gloom.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It's not all doom and gloom.  (Read 1131 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:05 pm »

Seriously. It's not. The Dolphins could still make something of this season and in fact things could look a whole lot more rosey come Tuesday if just one things happens.

Beat the Jets.

Think about it. Even if the Dolphins are 2-14 this year, if the 2 wins happen to occur against old Rex and his loud-mouth boys, the year won't be a total loss.

And honestly I don't think that's as far fetched as it may sound. Let's look at the facts.

The fact is the offense is what we thought it was. Even with Henne out, Moore may not be much worse. Henne moved the ball fairly well between the 20's but couldn't put the ball in the endzone. Let's say that Moore doesn't move the ball as well between the 20's, but he's more successful when they do get into the redzone? Wouldn't that be pretty much a wash? Is that out of the question? I don't think it is especially if Thomas gets healty and they start giving him the ball more inside the redzone.

The other fact is that the defense is nothing like we thought it would be. But why? How did things get so bad on the defensive side of the ball? Well perhaps it's not so much that the defense has got so bad as perhaps they are just a bit shell shocked right now. Consider that the 3 offenses to do the majority of the damage to the Dolphins D is the Patriots, Texans and Chargers. Those are some pretty good offenses. Cleveland really didn't put up a boat load of stats against the Dolphins D, they just happen to get one good drive in at the end of the game which is bad, but not the end of the world. So is there hope that they could rebound a bit? Sure there is. What about Monday night against a Jet's offense that has looked pretty offensive not in a good way themselves? It's possible even if not necessary likely.

If the Dolphins were to squeek out a win on Monday night, for a couple hours I'll completely forget the first 4 games and focus just on the last one. It won't last forever, but then I'll have the next time we face the Jets to look forward to. That's gotta be worth something.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:06:05 pm »

I was starting to think the other day that the Fins may have a shot at beating NYJ, must be the optimist in me.  The Jets are missing some of their swagger, and have some injuries.  Divisional games are sometimes unpredicatable, even when one of the team sucks.  Then there is the realization that the Fins have nothing to lose so might as well open things up and throw some 50 yd passes.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 12:01:22 am »

I am expecting a win Monday night.  They had 2 weeks to prepare.  The Jets have San Diego next week.  Classic trap game for them, and a nothing-to-lose Dolphins team with a backup QB.

Get ready, you might have a different tune here Tuesday morning.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:57:55 am »

Matt Moore.....we have no shot!
Doc-phin
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 12:04:30 pm »

Our defense is not the only defense struggling that was expected to be good.  If they could just produce a few turnovers and limit scoring in the red zone, it would be sufficient.

If Matt Moore produces better in the red zone it would be better than a wash as long as Thomas is healthy.  If Thomas stays healthy, we can run well enough to manage 20 to 20.  I just don't know if Moore will be better in the red zone.

The good news is Moore really doesn't have a big history of turning the ball over, which suprises me considering his aggressiveness.  (knocking on wood)  Turning the ball over is the only way I really see him doing worse than Henne 20 to 20. 

Most likely, Moore will be close to what Henne was.  Our biggest hope for improvement is in the defense.  If Davis comes back 100% it allows a lot of good things to happen.  If Clemens comes back it is even better, but Jones might be ok if he is learning from his early mistakes.  Outside our defensive line, our defensive depth is not good so they have to stay healthy.   

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 12:09:39 pm »

Beat the Jets.

Think about it. Even if the Dolphins are 2-14 this year, if the 2 wins happen to occur against old Rex and his loud-mouth boys, the year won't be a total loss.

Make it 4-12 with two wins over the Bills and Jets each and I am with you 100%. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray