Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:39:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow is garbage.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow is garbage.  (Read 136599 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: October 25, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »

Tim Tebow sucks.

Big time.

He will NEVER be a viable NFL QB.

I don't say this as a hater.  I'm a fan of the Gators and I liked Tebow in college, but the guy just doesn't have the skills to play QB in the NFL.  He's a winner? - Bogus.  He makes people around him better - fine, but not over the course of a career.

Tebow's win against us was due to our own implosion, the fact that we turned into a prevent defense, that he was playing in 4 down territory and that our special teams caved.  He didn't even make good throws to beat us.  He hit wide open receivers or his guys laid out to make incredible catches.  I don't even think his TD pass was legit. ....looked dropped to me.  I don't think the guy made an above average throw all day long. 

Tebow does one thing well -- he extends plays.  ...and he deserves credit for that.  However, you can't build a career around it.

Denver should wise up as soon as possible.  The longer they keep this guy around as their QB, the longer they delay the inevitability of total failure and collapse. 

He had 4 completions for 24 yards with 3 minutes left in the game.  (one of those was for a loss of yards)  ...and he didn't even play THAT well.  The guy is a terrible NFL QB that took advantage of the worst team in the NFL and still had to come back in a miracle to pull it off.  He is going to get DESTROYED from here on out.  The worst thing that can happen for the Broncos is for them to win a few games and further hitch themselves to Tebow's wagon.  He's a RB playing QB.

Doug Flutie comparisons are asinine.  Doug Flutie was undersized, but he could make smart decisions and he (most importantly) could throw a football, in addition to the other intangibles.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:43:47 pm »

I am so happy to see someone besides me saying this.

I've had enough of people swinging from this guy's nut sack constantly.  He played 3 1/2 quarters of garbage football.  Not until the Dolphins went into prevent defense and gave every WR 10-15 yard cushions off the line was he able to do anything.  And even then, most of his "good plays" were runs. 

He didn't make one single good throw during Sunday's game.  Why are people so enamored with him, including the media, and seemingly every NFL fan?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 02:05:35 pm »

Hot steaming garbage...with the faint aroma of broccoli and third world foreskins.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 02:25:10 pm »

And yet, he was the single best player on the field when it mattered on Sunday.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:02 pm »

And yet, he was the single best player on the field when it mattered on Sunday.

No, he wasn't.

That's what I'm saying.  He didn't play above average to win that game, even at the end.  He hit open receivers in the prevent OR they laid out to make insane catches on average throws.  The best players were his receivers or the special teams guys that recovered the onside kick or the kicker that would've hit the FG from 65 yards.  Tebow didn't make a mistake down the stretch, but you're just not being honest with yourself if you think that Tebow was the reason that the Broncos won that game.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:01:37 pm »

Tebow is living on residual glory from his college days.  He hasn't earned a single thing in the NFL.  Not one.

He looked awful in preseason, he was out-played by both Orton and Quinn, and I can't imagine why the fans clamored for him enough to get him to start.  What's worse is that the coaching staff bought into the clamoring...

I hope, like you said, they win some games by accident, from no thanks to Tebow, and they go "all-in" on him, only to continue sucking for years to come.

This just goes to show you that fan perception is more important than performance. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:15:48 pm »

I'm sure Tebow is a nice guy.  He's good on his feet.  He has some nice intangibles, he's a great teammate, a natural leader, etc.

Unfortunately, he can't throw a football, the one main job of a quarterback.  You just can't overcome a lack of talent in that one specific area.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »

I don't think you can pass judgement on him after one game.

Let's see how he does the rest of the year.       

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:16 pm »

Um...Tebow was the entire reason why the Broncos won that game.  That and the Lolphins suck, but we already knew that.

He hit the open receivers, in stride on occasion (which is more than any Dolphin QB has done in the Sparano era), and avoided the pass rush that constantly broke through his swiss cheese line.  After watching this game, I no longer believe Miami has the worst OL in the league.  That honor belongs to Denver IMHO.  And is 100% reason why Orton lost his job...he was not mobile enough to make up for his line's weaknesses.

I'm not appointing him Saint Tebow.  Give the guy credit.  He did every thing it took to get the job done.  He allowed the receivers to do their jobs and make their plays.  And more importantly, didn't make any mistakes in crunch time, unlike Matt Moore.

Sure Tebow was awful for 3.5 quarters.  No debate here.  But for the last half quarter he was pretty good.  You're bullshitting yourself thinking otherwise.  Tebow will never be a picture perfect QB.  His game looks ugly, but I think it's a good bet he wins close to 50% of the games he starts this year.  He looked pretty good last year when given the opportunity also.  To me it looks like the folks who despise him so (i.e. the posters in this thread) are just butthurt he's a media darling.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 05:53:40 pm »

Um...Tebow was the entire reason why the Broncos won that game.  That and the Lolphins suck, but we already knew that.

He hit the open receivers, in stride on occasion (which is more than any Dolphin QB has done in the Sparano era), and avoided the pass rush that constantly broke through his swiss cheese line.  After watching this game, I no longer believe Miami has the worst OL in the league.  That honor belongs to Denver IMHO.  And is 100% reason why Orton lost his job...he was not mobile enough to make up for his line's weaknesses.

I'm not appointing him Saint Tebow.  Give the guy credit.  He did every thing it took to get the job done.  He allowed the receivers to do their jobs and make their plays.  And more importantly, didn't make any mistakes in crunch time, unlike Matt Moore.

Sure Tebow was awful for 3.5 quarters.  No debate here.  But for the last half quarter he was pretty good.  You're bullshitting yourself thinking otherwise.  Tebow will never be a picture perfect QB.  His game looks ugly, but I think it's a good bet he wins close to 50% of the games he starts this year.  He looked pretty good last year when given the opportunity also.  To me it looks like the folks who despise him so (i.e. the posters in this thread) are just butthurt he's a media darling.

Actually it was field position. If you look at the last two games, he only scored when he started near mid field or shorter. When he had to start deep in his own territory, he has horrible stats. So far he is a stud when it is in the 4th quarter, he is behind, and he has a much shorter field.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 07:10:07 pm »

I'm looking at the play-by-play record.  Tebow made exactly 3 passes that went for longer than 10 yards.  Against the Dolphins' prevent defense.

(5:23) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short right to 88-D.Thomas pushed ob at DEN 35 for 15 yards (24-S.Smith).

(4:07) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass deep middle to 12-M.Willis to MIA 12 for 42 yards (29-T.Culver).
- This was a 17 yard throw that had 25 yards of YAC. 

(:56) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass deep middle to 86-D.Fells to MIA 3 for 28 yards (56-K.Burnett). The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld.
- This ball was a terrible, inaccurate throw and an amazing diving catch by the WR. 

Conversely, I can recall 5-7 throws where he overthrew an open guy by 10 yards, or threw it to the sideline when his WR was inside the numbers.  He had far more than 3 terrible throws on the day.

I give the guy credit for being tough and elusive, but he is NOT a good QB.  And he's absolutely NOT the best in the league, or anywhere near as good as people make him out to be.  Be honest with yourself, a QB is supposed to be able to throw, and he can't.
jtex316
YJFF Member
Uber Member

2011 NFC East Champions!

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 07:32:29 pm »

I could not agree more with what both Brian and Dave have said.

However, he was a sweet bye-week fantasy replacement, good for 22 points (QBs who run = fantasy promise!)

This is his one moment of glory. They play the Lions next. Do you think Suh and that mean-ass D-line and very good defense will allow Tebow to even come close to his "epic" horrible performance at Miami? Absolutely not.

You know Tebow is bad when in the 3rd and into the 4th quarter, the 3rd-and-long situational plays that were called were designed draws. Not only can he not throw the football, the coaches aren't even letting him attempt it. That's bad.

Giants: '56 NFL Champs; Super Bowl XXI, XXV, XLII Champs
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2011, 09:25:42 pm »

I'm not saying he was great.  He WAS garbage for 3.5 quarters.

For that last 1/2 quarter, he was pretty good.  Not great, but it showed promise for his first real playing time of the year.

I'm not saying he will be a HOFer.  But for Sunday's game, he was the ENTIRE reason why the Broncos won the game...outside of the Lolphins suckiness.

Tebow was also my bye week starter in fantasy.  He got me 28. Smiley    I will not be playing him against a pissed off Lions team.  In the right matchups, he could be worth something. (but so are half the QBs in this league fantasy wise.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:27:18 pm by mecadonzilla » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »

He won't get wins.  You'll see.  He will be garbage and something that I will "I told you so" forever.

He played like crap against our pathetic team.  ...that's how pathetic he is.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 11:53:39 pm »

Luck is temporary.  Good is consistent. 

You may win 1 game on luck in the NFL.  Maybe 2 games.  But you have to have skill to win consistently.

The thing I don't understand is why so many people keep talking about this guy. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray