Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:57:47 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game Jets II
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game Jets II  (Read 6999 times)
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:09 am »

Other than Bush you mean?
No, I mean including Bush. I have no stats on this, just my recoleection, but he seemed just as ineffective up the middle. -EK
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 11:12:52 am »

No, I mean including Bush. I have no stats on this, just my recoleection, but he seemed just as ineffective up the middle. -EK

I agree...especially on downs when both sides know a run is coming.  3rd and short type stuff.

I drink your milkshake!
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:06 am »

you think everyone is a bust. good thing your opinion doesnt matter

Yea,like dancing queen brown, how is he doing in philly this year?  You are too dense to know a good opinion anyways, even if it hit you in the face.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 11:19:33 am »

Anyway....on a side note, Reggie said in an interview last week he has been studying film of CJ and believes that he (Bush, not CJ) can have a 2000 yard season ahead of him. Interesting.... -EK
tepop84
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 11:24:32 am »

Anyway....on a side note, Reggie said in an interview last week he has been studying film of CJ and believes that he (Bush, not CJ) can have a 2000 yard season ahead of him. Interesting.... -EK

He might, he seemed to really do well when moore replaced checkdown chad and actually attempted to throw deep balls.  It made the safeties actually respect the deep ball and not just play the run/checkdown all the time.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 04:15:24 pm »

I agree...especially on downs when both sides know a run is coming.  3rd and short type stuff.
Well that wasn't exactly what he was saying about Thomas. The initial discussion revolved around Thomas and his lack of production and the comment was that it wasn't like anyone on the Dolphins roster was gaining much yardage up the middle. I beg to differ. Bush did fine running between the tackles. Not exceptional maybe, but certainly decent. I don't really have his stats for between the tackles as opposed to outside the tackles, but I know he didn't exactly run a lot outside the tackles. I'd be willing to bet that half of Bush's yardage came from runs inside the tackles, not necessarily on 3rd and short. Now, his average per attempt may be less, but I would bet it's a not a whole lot less because although you get a lot of 2 or 3 yard runs up the middle, you don't typically get a lot of -2 or -3 yard runs up the middle which is something that you do get with sweeps and tosses and stuff.

So if anyone can point to some actual stats of Bush's yardage and yards per attempt from between the tackles and outside the tackles and could compare that with Thomas', I'd LOVE to see it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:17:22 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »

I know that over his last four games, he had 244 yards between the tackles, but don't let that fool you- 76 yards came on the long run against Buffalo. The remaining 42 yards per game is still better than I thought it would be, so you may be remembering better than I am. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 04:33:35 pm »

I know that over his last four games, he had 244 yards between the tackles, but don't let that fool you- 76 yards came on the long run against Buffalo. The remaining 42 yards per game is still better than I thought it would be, so you may be remembering better than I am. -EK
That sounds about right. Now let's say you're able to average 42 yards per game inside as well as 42 yards per game outside. That would be 84 per game or over 1,300 yards for the season and that's taking his big run away. What if instead of taking that run away, let's say he only does that once a year so divide the 76 yards by 16 games, that still adds another 4 yards per game to his average. Almost 50 yards per game running inside the tackles is pretty damn good if you ask me and that's with Miami's offensive line.

EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 01:41:41 pm »

I think I was mistaken. I agree; you're right. Let's hope he can duplicate that next year! He wants to hit 2000 for a season. -EK
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:48 pm »

I went back and did some checking and according to my unofficial count, Bush had 592 yards on 111 carries between the tackles with 2 TD's and zero fumbles. That's a 5.3 yard average. He had 503 yards on 104 carries over or outside the tackles with 4 TD's and 2 fumbles. That's a 4.8 yard average.

That doesn't match up exactly with his official stats from the NFL, but it's close enough that it wouldn't really change things much. I'm not sure why my stats are off a bit, they were taken from the play by play from the games on NFL.com, but it's possible I messed up someplace.

To be fair, I pulled Thomas' numbers and found by my unofficial count Thomas had 462 yards on 123 carries between the tackles with 0 TD's and 0 fumbles. That's a 3.8 yard average. He had 121 yards on 42 carries over or outside the tackles with 0 TD's and 0 fumbles. That's a 2.9 yard average.

It's pretty clear from the stats that Thomas was clearly better up the middle than outside, but that Bush was better than Thomas regardless of whether it was up the middle or outside and was pretty much equally effective from both.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:00:26 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »

Thomas gets an incomplete for the season due to injuries, he better do some off season conditioning.  He was the SOTG this week.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 06:14:51 pm »

The run game was horrible.  Slaton did a better job than Thomas.  The kid is looking like a bust

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray