Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 10:35:53 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Ryan Clark: No one wants to join the Dolphins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ryan Clark: No one wants to join the Dolphins  (Read 11488 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

Sad thing is... he is right!

They've been talking about it all day on the NFL Network how no one looks at Miami as a team that's going anywhere... or that has a clue what they're doing or how to get there.

Miami hit the daily-double the past few years. First, when Ross went behind Sparano's back to try and hire Harbaugh, he pissed off every coach in the league who felt that was a bush-league and low class move. Which it was. Then Ireland goes asking Dez Bryant if his mother was a hooker, and lets be honest, most NFL players aren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth and some might have family members or friends who are pimps or hookers and that offended them. Not to mention its just a classless thing to ask, who cares what his mother was or is, judge the man and the player for who he is currently!  So, you got the coaches pissed off at the Dolphins and you got the players pissed off at the Dolphins. What the hell is left!

The ONLY way to fix it is for Ross to go into hiding for like 2-3 years. No media, no interviews, no nothing. Show up and watch the games from the owners box but say nothing. Let your pocket book speak. And Ireland needs to overspend on a few key guys who can come here, turn this thing around, and then spread the word that ..."Miami ain't a bad place to play." Only way to change that perception is to WIN and to do that they will need to overpay once in a while to bring a guy in to speed up that process.

Problem is Ross talks like a teenage girl; constantly. And he is always putting his foot in his mouth. And Ireland doesn't understand nobody likes him he will continue to strike out and only land the Richard Marshall's and Art Hick's of the world unless he changes his ways
suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 08:20:05 pm »

most NFL players aren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth and some might have family members or friends who are pimps or hookers and that offended them.

That is the funniest thing I've ever read on this message board. Absolutely off the chart.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Excuse me while I kiss the sky

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »

I don't defend Ireland often..but that whole Dez Bryant thing was completely over exaggerated.

Question - "What does your dad do for a living?"

Answer - "My dad's a pimp"

Whether or not he was being a smartass remains to be determined

Q2 - "What does your mom do for a living"

A2 - "She works for my dad"

Tell me now, what would YOUR next question be? 

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 08:41:14 pm »

I don't defend Ireland often..but that whole Dez Bryant thing was completely over exaggerated.

Question - "What does your dad do for a living?"

Answer - "My dad's a pimp"

Whether or not he was being a smartass remains to be determined

Q2 - "What does your mom do for a living"

A2 - "She works for my dad"

Tell me now, what would YOUR next question be? 

Why even ask a player about his parents. Ask him about his play. His work ethic. The system he played in college. WHO CARES what his mom or dad did. No other team or GM asks that type of stupid questions because it means nothing to who the player is or how he plays on the field.

Keep defending him
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »

I agree with you.  My point is that it's not that far fetched as everyone makes it seem like

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” -- John Lennon
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 08:43:05 pm »

It was stupid to ask but he didn't ask if she was a hooker.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 08:44:46 pm »

I agree with you.  My point is that it's not that far fetched as everyone makes it seem like

YES IT IS!! Because it doesn't matter. If she is or isn't, who cares? Would that prevent you from drafting the kid.  It's a dumb and insulting question
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 08:47:52 pm »

Dude do you ever stop to think that these people are human?  Like it's not football, football, football 24/7?  Sounds like an innocent conversation turned into a bigger deal than it needed to be.  I fucking hate Ireland as much as the next person, but putting in the HUMAN factor, ya know..just making small talk, he didn't do anything wrong

If it's such a "sensitive issue" as you say, why even proclaim that your dad is a PIMP?

Actually, don't answer that...I don't care enough to ramble on for 5 more pages about it.  That's my point, end of discussion

Back on topic..Ryan Clark was right

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:00 pm »

Dude do you ever stop to think that these people are human?  Like it's not football, football, football 24/7?  Sounds like an innocent conversation turned into a bigger deal than it needed to be.  I fucking hate Ireland as much as the next person, but putting in the HUMAN factor, ya know..just making small talk, he didn't do anything wrong

Innocent conversation? It an  official interview at the NFL Combine! That is a "job interview." Imagine walking into APPLE, IBM, name your billion dollar company and int he job interview they ask if your mom was a prostitute. It's not relevant to anything and its insulting.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »

^^

Imagine how good of an employee you would come across if you said your dad was a pimp?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »

^^

Imagine how good of an employee you would come across if you said your dad was a pimp?

Which one is the adult and which one is the kid. That's the entire point.  Ireland in a position of power and much older, should have known better
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 09:10:39 pm »

I understand what you're saying.  I do.  You're missing my point though.  You want to talk about how it was an "official combine interview."  Do you attend those regularly?  Do you have the transcript of the entire interview?  He could have asked all those questions that you spoke about early in the interview, and then as a wind down, asked him question about his life outside of football.  You never had an interview where at some point the person interviewing you just wants to shoot the shit with you?  That's the point I was trying to make.  Again, fuck Ireland and every he does on a business scale..however, the whole prostitute thing was blown immensely out of proportion.  That's my OPINION.  Don't tell me I'm wrong.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »

I understand what you're saying.  I do.  You're missing my point though.  You want to talk about how it was an "official combine interview."  Do you attend those regularly?  Do you have the transcript of the entire interview?  He could have asked all those questions that you spoke about early in the interview, and then as a wind down, asked him question about his life outside of football.  You never had an interview where at some point the person interviewing you just wants to shoot the shit with you?  That's the point I was trying to make.  Again, fuck Ireland and every he does on a business scale..however, the whole prostitute thing was blown immensely out of proportion.  That's my OPINION.  Don't tell me I'm wrong.

They are only 15 min interviews. That's all teams are allowed. The facts came out and Ireland even admitted what he said and how it came about, the context and the exact quote. There is no opinion, the FACTS came out. Ireland apologized.
tubba marxxx
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »

They are only 15 min interviews. That's all teams are allowed. The facts came out and Ireland even admitted what he said and how it came about, the context and the exact quote. There is no opinion, the FACTS came out. Ireland apologized.

Yeah, I actually provided how it came about..

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray