Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:38:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 151064 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #450 on: May 19, 2012, 07:13:32 am »

^^^^^ but guilty or not, the burden of proof is on proving his guilt and not his innocence. If his testimony is all they have to say Martin started  it, then they need proof otherwise. Actually even without his testimony they have to prove it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #451 on: May 19, 2012, 09:19:56 am »

But that's NOT all they have. If it was, the whole thing wouldn't have gotten this far. -EK
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #452 on: May 19, 2012, 12:07:34 pm »

But that's NOT all they have. If it was, the whole thing wouldn't have gotten this far. -EK

You are correct, they had a country in outrage.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #453 on: May 19, 2012, 01:59:00 pm »

And a dead child...not sure how you're minimizing that point. -EK
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #454 on: May 19, 2012, 02:39:00 pm »

The death doesn't prove murder.  It is an element of the crime, but not the one that will be contested. 

And don't lose sight of the fact that Zimmerman doesn't have to prove that Martin started the altercation.  The DA is required to prove Zimmerman did. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #455 on: May 19, 2012, 03:03:51 pm »

I'm not minimizing it. It just has no bearing on if this was murder or self defense. Your inferrence is worlds off from what I said.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #456 on: May 19, 2012, 03:17:19 pm »

The same way you implied the ONLY reason it was taken to trial was because the country was in outrage. Murder and self-defense are not the only two options. It's not that black and white; the jury can still find manslaughter. -EK
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #457 on: May 19, 2012, 03:45:26 pm »

^^^ I thought that the reason why everything escalated so quickly is because it got galvanized as another type of race killing, otherwise it would just be another self-defense/murder case.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2012, 04:59:30 pm »

The race part was a factor, but certainly far from "the reason."  Had Zimmerman been immediately arrested and charged, "man shoots teenager" is not a national story.

"Man shoots teenager and is not even arrested," however, is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 05:04:38 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2012, 07:24:31 pm »

The race part was a factor, but certainly far from "the reason."  Had Zimmerman been immediately arrested and charged, "man shoots teenager" is not a national story.

"Man shoots teenager and is not even arrested," however, is.

Actually, neither of those were a national story.

The story was not "man shoots teenager" nor was it "man shoots teenager and not arrested"  The story was "blacks (most of whom never knew either of the people involved and live miles away) hold protests, have rallies, and issue death threats" 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
el diablo
« Reply #460 on: May 19, 2012, 09:07:02 pm »

Actually, neither of those were a national story.

The story was not "man shoots teenager" nor was it "man shoots teenager and not arrested"  The story was "blacks (most of whom never knew either of the people involved and live miles away) hold protests, have rallies, and issue death threats" 

Really? Even though you people of all races at rallies and protesting, it was the "blacks"? I don't condone the alleged death threats. But it was the perceived mishandling of the case from the 911 call to today that made it a national story.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #461 on: May 19, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »

The 911 call does indeed indicate that after he was told to stop pursuit he continued. He didn't hang up the phone and you can clearly here him close his truck door and begin running. Further, in one of 8 other 911 calls, you can hear- at least according to the Martin family attorney- Martin beging for his life before he is shot. How is that defensible? -EK

Begging for his life ?? Haven't heard that one yet. But judging from the source I'm sure (ha ha) that they are 100% accurate.  I don't know you. Don't know if you are male or female, tall or short, Black, White, Asian, or Hispanic. But you seem to have made up your mind on this topic regardless of what the facts may be, even though the rest of us don't know enough of the facts to make a decision.

badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #462 on: May 19, 2012, 09:32:37 pm »

LMAO, The Huffingtion Post, you gotta be kidding me. I have a link too.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/21/10791755-neighbor-comes-to-defense-of-trayvon-martins-shooter?lite
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #463 on: May 19, 2012, 09:40:28 pm »

Well, let me put it this way:

- the case may hinge on whether or not Zimmerman initiated the altercation

If the prosecution has said that they don't know who initiated the altercation how can they prove it ?

- the only evidence indicating that Martin initiated the altercation is the defendant's own testimony

And the injuries to the defendant.

- if the testimony of the defendant, by itself, was a significant barrier to conviction, there would not be many people in jail

If that is all you have to go by, what do you suggest ? Guilty by default ? Or when a random ethnic group feels slighted ?

badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #464 on: May 19, 2012, 09:43:54 pm »

The whole thing wasn't going anywhere until the racial outrage, Al and Jesse, and the media went kerouac on Zimmerman's ass. Big ass circus and a joke if you ask me !!!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray