Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:51:13 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Trayvon Martin case
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Zimmerman is
Guilty   -5 (25%)
Not Guilty   -2 (10%)
Self Defense   -1 (5%)
You don't know enough to decide   -12 (60%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: Trayvon Martin case  (Read 151049 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #660 on: July 12, 2012, 05:18:06 pm »

Funny? I have a story here from the FBI report where he told a co-worker four days after the shooting that Martin was trying to mug him.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303644004577522921327607902.html?mod=us_news_newsreel

I'm not sure what the "funny" part is that you are referring to? I just read your story and "mug" him doesn't come across as trying to rob him. It comes across as an attack although I'm not sure that is what you are referring to.

Here is a portion of the CNN article I had read.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

CNN) -- George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, had a "little hero complex" but was not a racist, a Sanford, Florida, homicide investigator told federal agents, according to reports released Thursday.

In an interview with FBI agents in March, investigator Chris Serino told authorities he "believed that Zimmerman's actions were not based on Martin's skin color, rather based on his attire, the total circumstances of the encounter and the previous burglary suspects in the community," according to an FBI report.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #661 on: July 13, 2012, 04:22:45 am »

I'm not sure what the "funny" part is that you are referring to? I just read your story and "mug" him doesn't come across as trying to rob him. It comes across as an attack although I'm not sure that is what you are referring to.

Here is a portion of the CNN article I had read.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/12/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

CNN) -- George Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, had a "little hero complex" but was not a racist, a Sanford, Florida, homicide investigator told federal agents, according to reports released Thursday.

In an interview with FBI agents in March, investigator Chris Serino told authorities he "believed that Zimmerman's actions were not based on Martin's skin color, rather based on his attire, the total circumstances of the encounter and the previous burglary suspects in the community," according to an FBI report.

Didnt mean to hit question mark. I meant funny that I found another article about the same FBI findings and they mention how Zimmerman was telling his co-workers that Martin tried to mug him, and then decided he was going to kill Zimmerman only after seeing Zimmerman's gun.
Of course this is different from what he told police. So he has multiple stories, a violent history, on medications for issues, is a liar, etc. This should be an interesting trial when it happens.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #662 on: July 13, 2012, 09:35:23 am »

^^^ How is that story different? The only part that could be considered any different is if you take the term mugging to mean robbing him. Martin reaching for his gun has been part of his story since his walkthrough with police the day after the event (and may have been part of the story that night).

I think you are stretching the story a bit. He says Martin said "Now you are gonna die". There is nothing in this article that says Zimmerman knows anything about Martin's decision process.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #663 on: December 03, 2012, 06:02:52 pm »

I swear I have no intention of starting another battle but saw this and thought I would share it. Things have died down and I'm not sure how much of this info gets out any longer. 

This is a picture by Sanford police of George sitting in the back door of the patrol car. Obviously a much clearer picture than the fuzzy police station video that was released by news teams.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #664 on: December 03, 2012, 06:58:11 pm »

I think that given the other pictures and video that have already been released, there isn't much dispute that Zimmerman was losing the fight (or at least, took some shots).

However, none of these injuries appear to be outside the scope of a normal non-lethal scuffle, and they don't tell us anything about who started it.  As has been said before, you can't claim "self-defense" if you started the fight, so the verdict will likely revolve around that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:00:57 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #665 on: December 03, 2012, 07:07:04 pm »

Well, that solves it. His bloody nose totally justifies his shooting an unarmed 17 year old boy in the chest despite stalking him.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:30:13 pm by Buddhagirl » Logged

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #666 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

He picked a fight in the chest with Trayvon?

Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #667 on: December 03, 2012, 07:28:49 pm »

He picked a fight in the chest with Trayvon?

LOL...correcting my messed up sentence. Wink

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #668 on: December 03, 2012, 07:38:02 pm »

Well, that solves it. His bloody nose totally justifies his shooting an unarmed 17 year old boy in the chest despite stalking him.

Well yes actually, if Zimmerman's bloody nose and banged up head happened without him doing anything physical to Martin. YES, that solves it, as it was totally justified.
el diablo
« Reply #669 on: December 03, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »

Well yes actually, if Zimmerman's bloody nose and banged up head happened without him doing anything physical to Martin. YES, that solves it, as it was totally justified.

Actually, it does not. As it was totally unjustified.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #670 on: December 03, 2012, 08:04:05 pm »

Actually, it does not. As it was totally unjustified.

So are you saying that if Martin initiated a physical assault on Zimmerman that self defense was not justified ? Simple yes or no ?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #671 on: December 03, 2012, 08:07:31 pm »

badger6, the point of contention is whether or not Zimmerman started it.

You think he did not.  Others (including myself) think he did.  The jury will make the ultimate determination, and the verdict will likely rest on that determination.

el diablo
« Reply #672 on: December 03, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »

So are you saying that if Martin initiated a physical assault on Zimmerman that self defense was not justified ? Simple yes or no ?

According to the law, no. A broken nose isn't a capital offense.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #673 on: December 03, 2012, 08:19:14 pm »

badger6, the point of contention is whether or not Zimmerman started it.

You think he did not.  Others (including myself) think he did.  The jury will make the ultimate determination, and the verdict will likely rest on that determination.

That's what I posted a few posts up. Some people are stating or under the impression that if Martin did in fact initiate violent physical contact, that Zimmerman was unjustified in firing his weapon. That is simply not the case, there are too many variables.
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #674 on: December 03, 2012, 10:46:01 pm »

Looks like someone who got into a fight. I have seen people beat up a lot worse in bar fights...of course no one ever shot the other guy for losing a fistfight where I lived, or any places I went too around the country.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray