Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:08:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Still pissed about pre-season.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Still pissed about pre-season.  (Read 1588 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 06, 2012, 01:07:35 am »

I ranted about this before, but now that I have a preseason game that I'm not going to this Friday, I'm re-pissed.  I paid $75 for a subpar product.  I'm pretty sure I'm not getting season tickets again until they can figure this out.  ...and if I am, I'm waiting until preseason is over.

This just pisses me off so bad for some reason.  When you buy something at $75 and market value is about $20, you feel pretty ripped off.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:20:01 am »

The NFL will go to an 18 game schedule soon enough and this problem will be resolved. Too much money involved for the teams, players, and TV networks for them NOT to do it. $$$ always brings everyone to the table.

Then you will only get ripped off for 1 preseason game...lol
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 09:41:19 am »

Dave you are still looking at it the wrong way.  You paid $94 (or whatever it is) for regular season tickets, and preseason tickets are free.

They just spread the cost over 10 games to make it seem like the tickets are cheaper.  Its a marketing gimmick.

You can't be pissed about preseason - no one is forcing you to go, you just need to look at it the right way.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:23 am »

Dave you are still looking at it the wrong way.  You paid $94 (or whatever it is) for regular season tickets, and preseason tickets are free.

They just spread the cost over 10 games to make it seem like the tickets are cheaper.  Its a marketing gimmick.

You can't be pissed about preseason - no one is forcing you to go, you just need to look at it the right way.
That marketing gimmick sucks. I think they would be better off telling people the cost is $94 for season tickets and pre-season tickets are thrown in for free.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 11:04:12 am »

Not really because then they can't use the "we have the cheapest tickets in the league" gimmick anymore to refute the "its too expensive" claim.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 12:12:48 pm »

The tickets aren't free -- it says $75 right on the front of them.

I see what you're saying, Brian, but you can't have it both sides.  You can't say you have the cheapest tickets and then, tell me that the tickets are actually more expensive than what it says on the face value.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 01:21:48 pm »

^^ yes, that's what I'm saying, they "charge you" for preseason just so they can say they have cheap tickets.  Are there any other teams in the league that don't charge for preseason?

In the end, if it really broils your loins, you could just not buy season tickets.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 01:35:16 pm »

In the end, if it really broils your loins, you could just not buy season tickets.

Yes, obviously, and that's what I'm leaning towards, which is too bad.

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 04:03:02 pm »

I have always hated this as well....I never go to the pre-season games and I have a hell of a time giving my ticket away.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:02 pm »

It's not right to "make" someone buy something that is 4x the actual value.

I drink your milkshake!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:04 pm »

Analogy I like to use it that it's no different than the cable company. I only watch about 10 channels but I am forced to buy them all and pay for the ones I never turn on.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray