Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:19:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Uniforms...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: New Uniforms...  (Read 76407 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: December 09, 2012, 09:12:33 am »

Latest ones leaked. Might be total BS, might be legit. Don't know. Fits what Dee has been saying of no "drastic" changes. I kinda like this one, not gonna lie.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:17:42 am »

I like everything except that stupid stripe down the center of the helmet. Looks like a god damn mohawk.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
el diablo
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 01:27:04 pm »

The only thing I don't like is the color of the numbers on the aqua uniform. Other than that, I'm down with the "potential" change. Just hope the angrier Dolphin translates to an angrier team.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 04:12:00 pm »

I'm floored, I love it. I was afraid they were going to mess things up ala the Marlins. I hated the cartoony dolphin, this I like. Gonna miss the little helmet on the dolphin but it just wouldn't work with this style. I agree with Pappy if they could thin out the stripe... other than that, 2 big thumbs up from me!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 04:14:59 pm »

I'm floored, I love it. I was afraid they were going to mess things up ala the Marlins. I hated the cartoony dolphin, this I like. Gonna miss the little helmet on the dolphin but it just wouldn't work with this style. I agree with Pappy if they could thin out the stripe... other than that, 2 big thumbs up from me!

This ain't official. This is just a mock up. And it may be total BS. But it has been leaked. Who knows if its real or not though.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

^^ Yeah, if it is real, here's hoping it's in serious consideration. Good stuff
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:15:35 am by Thundergod » Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 08:03:12 pm »

Gotta agree...I love almost everything about the designs, including the helmet striping. I agree with the Devil on the number coloring on the aqua jerseys. Those would look better if the numbers were white with the orange trim instead.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 10:25:34 pm »

I like the new logo the best of all the fake new uniform mockups I've seen.

The rest I can do without.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »

I like the logo quite a bit.  I would probably prefer that there not be dark blue in the sun portion of the logo, but overall, it's good.  I don't care for the stripe on the helmet.  In general, the uniforms (helmet excluded) are OK.  I kinda like the font of the numbers, but would prefer it smaller.  Also, orange numbers on aqua jersey are no good.

I drink your milkshake!
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 12:22:08 pm »

I personally see nothing wrong with what we have but of all the suggested so called changes this one doesn't bother me as some of the others have. I could see this growing on me pretty quickly if it were used.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

I kind of like it all, actually.  Thanks for the info, Mike ~ good stuff.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 01:27:30 pm »

The logo is kinda hot.  I like it.  But the orange helmet mohawk sucks.  And orange numbers on aqua jersey looks funny.  I don't understand why they have to look like they're stenciled on, with the lines in the middle.

Otherwise, not too bad.
badger6
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 01:48:38 pm »

eh, I don't know. Maybe change the logo a bit and some slight changes to the uniform would be enough for me. I just think it's too much, kind of gaudy. I do like the logo. But the rest of the helmet and the player numbers just look like shit to me. Hell they could go back to the 80s uniforms and I'd be cool with it.
BigDaddyFin
Uber Member

watch me lose my mind, live and in full color.

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »

The mohawk stripe probably has more to do with the fact that most players wear those anti-concussion style helmets as opposed to the traditional ones which gave themselves to a vertical stripe. 

Someone else said that the numbers on the Aqua jersey should be white instead of orange I would prefer that also outside of that I really don't have too much of a problem with it.  Maybe switch it to block numbers instead of that font but outside of that I'm cool with it.

Hey... what's in the bowl bitch?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 02:25:59 pm »

Perhaps the league won't allow it, but I think it would look cool to have a non-traditional number.  ...like something that's half the size and off to the side, like you sometimes see on alternate basketball jerseys.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray