Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:31:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Uniforms...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: New Uniforms...  (Read 76400 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

I have no doubt in my mind that the logo originally "leaked" by DolfansNYC is going to be it.  The same one in the link in LilB's post above.

It fits all the "clues" we've heard from official sources:
- No helmet
- more "flowy"
- similar to old Dolphin Stadium logo
- more navy blue

Personally, I think its "softer" and must accompany a pretty badass uniform scheme to not make the team look like a bunch of frolicking pansies.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:10:39 am by Brian Fein » Logged
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2013, 12:06:05 pm »

^^^And it'd be the last time I purchase anything Dolphins,  until another change.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »

Why is everyone down there trying so hard to appease the gay population? First the Marlins and now the Dolphins. Are they untapped resources I'm not aware of?  There is no way any focus group of average Dolphin fans looked at that and said it was a good idea.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2013, 01:51:24 pm »

The focus group was Dolphins alumni and insiders.  They would never focus group the fans cause it will never stay a secret.  People will leak it the second they see it.  Even with all the hush-hush around it currently, it still leaked.

My opinion is they should make 5-8 logos and let the fans vote on them.  Problem is, how do you keep out Jets fans and other random a-holes that dislike the Dolphins.  Non-Dolphins' fans vastly outnumber Dolphins' fans as a whole.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2013, 02:57:09 pm »

Brian, in-person voting (say, in S.Fla counties) would solve that problem.

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2013, 02:59:08 pm »

Brian, in-person voting (say, in S.Fla counties) would solve that problem.
you're right, but people have to pull teeth to get to a presidential election down here.  Would people really drive out of their way to vote on a new logo?

I guess if they felt strongly enough, they would.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2013, 02:59:13 pm »

season ticket holders only should be allowed to vote. Give them a perk for being loyal through these horrible years!!
bsfins
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2013, 03:04:44 pm »

All Jokes:They don't want to reveal it too early,it might cost us in free agency.Have you seen that ugly ass logo? You need to pay me an extra 2 million to wear that ugly thing Shocked Roll Eyes
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2013, 05:22:06 pm »

you're right, but people have to pull teeth to get to a presidential election down here.  Would people really drive out of their way to vote on a new logo?
Not necessarily driving... just a local promotion with whatever grocery store chain (or whatever) you have down there, where people can cast ballots for favorite logo.

Didn't Jacksonville and Charlotte do something similar when the Jaguars and Panthers were named?

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2013, 05:31:26 pm »

^^ maybe, I'm no sure.  I bet that, if they wanted to, they could figure out a way.

But, there's still a lot of non-Dolphins' fans down here.  It would only work if it was something that season ticket holders only had access to.  After all, those are the people that Miami should be wanting to keep interested.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2013, 11:49:32 am »

I might be naive on this topic but the logo that was leaked that everyone you hear from hates....I find it hard to believe that will be the one they go with. I mean they have had to of seen feedback and its been all bad. No way they can go with that.

Maybe the feedback was so bad they leaked it on purpose to lower the expectations and whatever they end up using will then be liked because people will feel,.."well at least its not that other ugly ass one"

I might very well be dead wrong but thats how I see it playing out
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »

^^Or perhaps that WAS the logo they were thinking about unveiling and then it got leaked and they heard everyone say it was terrible and they changed their mind and went back to the drawing board.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2013, 05:26:45 pm »

^^Or perhaps that WAS the logo they were thinking about unveiling and then it got leaked and they heard everyone say it was terrible and they changed their mind and went back to the drawing board.

yep! Either way that leaked logo" isn't used in the end. We will see though
Landshark
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »

yep! Either way that leaked logo" isn't used in the end. We will see though

I seriously hope not.  If so, I will take very good care of my current Dolphins gear as I will not be caught dead in anything with that logo.
Landshark
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2013, 06:51:19 pm »

Looks like Dannell Ellerbe leaked the logo.  This one I actually like.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray