Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:57:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  New Uniforms...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: New Uniforms...  (Read 76393 times)
el diablo
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2013, 06:28:47 am »

I found this in comments about new logo and it made me laugh.

kelvinmchale says: Mar 26, 2013 10:33 PM

The NFL finally cracks down on concussions and what do the Dolphins do? They take away poor Flipper’s helmet, that’s what!

Now, THAT was funny.

Maybe we could get this forwarded to The Comish. Then he could step in and force the Miami brass to reconsider this logo option. For the sake of safety, of course. Can't send a bad example for the kids.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2013, 08:03:09 am »

Man.... this sucks if it's the new logo. I seriously doubt I'll be getting any new gear anytime soon if that's the case.
Landshark
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2013, 08:10:56 am »

Man.... this sucks if it's the new logo. I seriously doubt I'll be getting any new gear anytime soon if that's the case.

Same goes for me.  I'm looking on eBay right now for some jerseys with the nice looking logo.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2013, 09:04:25 am »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/26/3308215/armando-salguero-buzz-rises-over.html
Bad news.  Multiple club sources are saying the leak is real.
Armando hasn't said that it was confirmed by a league or team source.  He just said "confirmed" and "no doubt" as if he's making that up and going all-in on it.  Cause a week ago, Armando said he was told by Mike Dee that the logo wasn't leaked.  Why would any "club sources" tell him anything about the new logo prior to the official unveiling?  They are risking their jobs.

Its not the first time, and likely not the last, that Armando Salgeuiro uses his own imagination as a "source" and writes blog posts about it.  He's trying to scoop a story so he can say he broke it, but he has no facts behind his statement.  He knows nothing about professional journalism.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:06:04 am by Brian Fein » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2013, 09:28:21 am »

"It’s also possible the club is using the draft to shield the new logo and uniforms from a chorus of criticism."

I completely agree with this. That's exactly why they haven't unveiled it. I wouldn't doubt they have figured out it is unpopular but they've already committed to them and started making them. Hoping now that the draft will take some of the negative publicity off them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2013, 10:16:33 am »

Well, this could backfire.  They had originally planned to reveal it at a draft day party at Sun Life Stadium.  Then, for some reason, they moved it up to the 18th.  Now it sounds like they moved it back to draft day.

The problem is that when you get hundreds of Dolphins' fans together and show them the new logo, what happens if the crowd erupts in a chorus of "boo"s?  Then what?  Its far too late and the draft can't mask that kind of failure.  At least if they held a private event, press conference, fashion show, whatever, there wouldn't be fans present to "boo" and the immediate reaction would be less obvious, because those in attendance are professionals, and not random joe's.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2013, 10:58:41 am »

The success of the new logo depends on the success of the team. If we win  a SB  everyone will shut up about  it.

This.

Many Patriots fans didn't like the logo change in 1993, including myself.  I haven't heard single complaint about it post-2001

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2013, 11:03:58 am »

The real new logo for the fins.....

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Landshark
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2013, 11:45:09 am »

The real new logo for the fins.....

How about this one?

bsfins
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2013, 12:03:11 pm »

The new Logo appeared on NFL.com,according to sportslogo (link through a Ben Volin tweet..)
http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/03/27/new-dolphins-logo-appears-on-nfl-com/

It also has a full view version of the logo...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 12:07:12 pm by Lil B » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2013, 12:56:44 pm »

This is the legit logo that was on NFL.com.  Like sex with Ben Roethlisberger, you may not want it, but it's gonna happen, so you might as well accept it:

Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2013, 01:06:10 pm »

Damn. It would have at least been better if they kept the same shape...
DenverFinFan
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2013, 01:12:44 pm »

A dolphin is most dangerous when swimming.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2013, 01:22:22 pm »

I like the new logo...better lines, more modern feel. More "abstract representation" and less "cartoon."

This is the legit logo that was on NFL.com.  Like sex with Ben Roethlisberger, you may not want it, but it's gonna happen, so you might as well accept it:

That's just good comedy there...I think I'll swap Ben out with Kobe Bryant and use that on a friend who is a Lakers fan.

A dolphin is most dangerous when swimming.

This was just as funny...but more subtle.

Edited to add: I can I can now confirm the validity of the "A dolphin is most dangerous when swimming" statement. According to the dolphins.org website, 100% of all violent crimes committed by dolphins occur when they are in water.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:27:48 pm by Sunstroke » Logged

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2013, 01:51:33 pm »

I really dislike this.  I find the unevenness of the "sun" to be particularly annoying.

And I completely agree that they moved to the draft date to avoid criticism.  Steven Ross is clueless.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray