Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  A stadium upgrade deal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: A stadium upgrade deal?  (Read 86582 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #285 on: May 21, 2013, 05:27:40 pm »

^^^ Can't argue with that at all...there are all sort of scumbag politicians out there.  I really do think Miami will "somehow" stay right where they are, and will eventually work out the financial elements of the stadium deal. I just don't see the Dolphins ever being anything other than the Miami Dolphins.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:57 pm »

^^^ Can't argue with that at all...there are all sort of scumbag politicians out there.  I really do think Miami will "somehow" stay right where they are, and will eventually work out the financial elements of the stadium deal. I just don't see the Dolphins ever being anything other than the Miami Dolphins.

Jordan Zimmerman (Not the pitcher for the Nationals, the Ad guy who owns the Panthers) wants to buy the Dolphins really really bad. He has made an offer to Ross for them every year since Ross took over. Making offers for a large minority interest and/or for the whole thing. Ross always turns him down. And Zimmerman has deep pockets, but he did go through a divorce earlier this year so they might not be as deep as they used to be. Now, it still doesn't solve the stadium issue and Zimmerman isn't going to buy a team with a crap stadium that is falling apart. Zimmerman will have to deal with the same politicians as Ross is so that is the key factor. So the stadium issue might scare away any local people who want to keep the team in Miami, although Zimmerman seems to have a hard-on for becoming an NFL owner.

Zimmerman is only 56 and why Ross won't sell him a minority interest and set up a succession plan for when Ross either wants out or dies (whichever comes first) is beyond me. Give Zimmerman the right of first refusal or something. It would be an influx of money into the franchise and Ross would still have control of everything as long as he wants.  But whatever, he is a billionaire I am not he must have his reasons.
Landshark
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2013, 08:05:07 pm »

^^^^^

Wouldn't he have to get rid of the Panthers before becoming an NFL owner?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2013, 08:26:44 pm »

crap stadium that is falling apart.

Add this to the list of overstatments I have seen through this thread.
el diablo
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2013, 08:35:54 pm »

You gotta love an out of state owner putting the taxpayers on blast. I'm just counting the days until Ross says, "He can no longer afford to keep a team in South Florida."
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2013, 09:04:56 pm »

^^^^^

Wouldn't he have to get rid of the Panthers before becoming an NFL owner?

no
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #291 on: May 21, 2013, 09:06:44 pm »

Add this to the list of overstatments I have seen through this thread.

It's one of the oldest stadiums in the league (thats a fact). You can ignore reality but its an outdated stadium by today's standards and its experation date is about to hit
Landshark
« Reply #292 on: May 21, 2013, 10:08:20 pm »

no

Really?  I thought you couldn't own another team if you were an NFL owner?  Didn't Jack Kent Cooke have to get rid of the Lakers when he bought the Redskins?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #293 on: May 21, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »

Really?  I thought you couldn't own another team if you were an NFL owner?  Didn't Jack Kent Cooke have to get rid of the Lakers when he bought the Redskins?

as long as the team is in the same market he is ok. Huizenga owned the Fins, Panthers, and Marlins at one point all at the same time
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:28:12 pm by MikeO » Logged
Landshark
« Reply #294 on: May 21, 2013, 10:55:50 pm »

as long as the team is in the same market he is ok. Huizenga owned the Fins, Panthers, and Marlins at one point all at the same time

I gotcha
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #295 on: May 22, 2013, 08:50:05 am »

It's one of the oldest stadiums in the league (thats a fact). You can ignore reality but its an outdated stadium by today's standards and its experation date is about to hit

Now see this line is much more accurate. Old doesn't mean it is falling down.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #296 on: May 22, 2013, 08:56:28 am »

He bought into the Redskins first. Also, that was so long ago they probably didn't have the rule back then.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #297 on: May 22, 2013, 01:22:58 pm »

Now see this line is much more accurate. Old doesn't mean it is falling down.

but it is falling apart and needs lots of work
el diablo
« Reply #298 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:51 pm »

And yet somehow it still hosts the Orange Bowl & the BCS Championship.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #299 on: May 22, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »

And yet somehow it still hosts the Orange Bowl & the BCS Championship.

Not anymore!!! I mean they still got the Orange Bowl which is only the ACC champ vs ND/Big 10 school. A meaningless Bowl game nobody cares about anymore.

The BCS Title game is going to be shopped around like the Super Bowl. Where cities put in bids. Miami will be left out of that for the same reason the Super Bowl is avoiding Miami.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray