Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:08:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  "The NBA’s Jason Collins says he’s gay"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: "The NBA’s Jason Collins says he’s gay"  (Read 37701 times)
Landshark
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:36 pm »

I think we have our monthly winning post for the I just pulled something out of my ass award. While it is true that most men I know have sought out as many female partners as possible, it is absolutely untrue that they were doing so in the  name of impregnating them. Especially impregnating them all. I also find it hilarous that in your argument for what is normal and what is not you gave an example of a man with 30 kids as normal behavior. Is your last name Duggar by any chance?

At least the Duggar family is able to take care of their kids on their own without my tax dollars. The same can't be said for people like the Octomom
stinkyfish

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2013, 02:34:03 pm »

I think we have our monthly winning post for the I just pulled something out of my ass award. While it is true that most men I know have sought out as many female partners as possible, it is absolutely untrue that they were doing so in the  name of impregnating them. Especially impregnating them all.

So you admit that males seek to sleep with as many females as possible. Why do you think that they do that? Couldn't be natural instinct could it? And why do you think they don't want to impregnate them? Did cavemen care if they impregnated every woman that they had sex with? Hmm, I wonder if the rules and penalties of society  have anything to do with it?

I also find it hilarous that in your argument for what is normal and what is not you gave an example of a man with 30 kids as normal behavior. Is your last name Duggar by any chance?

No, I gave a man with 30 kids as an example of human natural instinct to reproduce.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2013, 03:16:38 pm »

Come on Stinky, use your head for a minute. The use of birth control is simple enough to understand that not every sexual encounter is for the purpose of reproduction.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2013, 04:15:00 pm »

stinkyfish, on the one hand, you are arguing that the biological point of sex is reproduction.

But that's not really why people have sex, is it?  Biologically, we have a sex drive, not a reproductive drive; the biological reward of sex is at orgasm, not at conception.  "Natural instinct" makes males want to have sex as much as possible, not have children as much as possible.  And from the male standpoint (biologically speaking), vaginal, anal, or oral sex all pretty much wind up with the same result.

In fact, if the only natural purpose of sex is reproduction, why do heterosexual anal and oral sex exist?  Could it be because the real biological driver behind sex is orgasm, and that the mechanism (and/or results) are happy side effects?  Without sex drives, reproduction would fall off of a cliff.  Let's not mistake the cart for the horse.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2014, 02:23:46 pm »

First division I college basketball player comes out and it barely makes a beep on everyones radar.

PROGRESS!

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray