Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:28:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Denver failure?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Denver failure?  (Read 4882 times)
miamid45
Uber Member

« on: January 11, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »

That Revamped Defence ultimately did not pan out for them.  No sacks today.

Manning definitely not himself.  Has showed the past few weeks that the injuries and father time has caught up with him.

Plus good chance they lose one or both of the Thomas players on Offence.

Elway has a lot of work to do.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:43:38 pm »

Denver was a mediocre team before Manning showed up, and John Fox is not a good coach. This is what happens when you think short-sighted, if Manning stays another year maybe another division title but there will be no Superbowls coming to Colorado.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »

Too bad.  That Offence at times was probably the best in the league moreso last season, but still top 3 this season.

The Defence while not elite, was decent....just both units never seemed to get on the same page during crucial games, most notably today's playoff loss!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:52:55 pm »

Peyton is done. I hope he leaves somewhat on top and doesn't come back another year
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »

Peyton is done. I hope he leaves somewhat on top and doesn't come back another year

Think he'll be back.  Just don't see him and the Broncos getting better next season...rather see a big decline!
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 09:55:57 pm »

Think he'll be back.  Just don't see him and the Broncos getting better next season...rather see a big decline!

If he comes back he is gonna go out like Dan. A shell of his former self and on a bad loss. Maybe not 62-7 bad but along those lines. He clearly isn't an elite QB anymore. He has turned into a run of the mill QB. Peyton shouldn't be remembered that way. Step away on top with some dignity.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 09:59:05 pm »

If he comes back he is gonna go out like Dan. A shell of his former self and on a bad loss. Maybe not 62-7 bad but along those lines. He clearly isn't an elite QB anymore. He has turned into a run of the mill QB. Peyton shouldn't be remembered that way. Step away on top with some dignity.

Exactly...

Can really see him, as an OC .  Know he needs to be groomed, but seems like he's been coaching the Offence, as well as Quarterbacking it for most of his career.

Would love to see him in Miami, doesn't he live there in the offseason?

miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 09:59:31 pm »

In Miami as a coach I mean.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 10:01:11 pm »

Exactly...

Can really see him, as an OC .  Know he needs to be groomed, but seems like he's been coaching the Offence, as well as Quarterbacking it for most of his career.

Would love to see him in Miami, doesn't he live there in the offseason?

Peyton will go straight to TV and be the next John Madden. No way he ever coaches. He will make more in TV than anyone before on the NFL level
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:06:49 pm »

Rex just signed 5 years for 27 million.  While TV is a walk in the park compared to coaching, think the drive in Manning to be a part of the game will be too big for him to resist.

Either way, I respect Manning a lot and love his straightforward post game interviews win or lose.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »

Rex just signed 5 years for 27 million.  While TV is a walk in the park compared to coaching, think the drive in Manning to be a part of the game will be too big for him to resist.

Either way, I respect Manning a lot and love his straightforward post game interviews win or lose.

Manning has never coached in his life. He would have to work his way up the ranks to get a coaching job. This is laughable to think he would step in from Day 1 and be a OC or a HC. Laughable. It takes years to become a coordinator in this league. Endless hours of work and crappy duties. Peyton isn't doing that. He will go to TV, keep making his commercials and such and make boatloads of money. Silly to think otherwise
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 10:27:55 pm »

Retiring means he opts out of 19 million for next season.

He still had 39 TD passes this season and is better than 3/4 of the QBs in the league.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 10:50:40 pm »

Retiring means he opts out of 19 million for next season.

He still had 39 TD passes this season and is better than 3/4 of the QBs in the league.

If he is that hard up for every single penny he can make at this point in his life he has issues
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 10:55:00 pm »

As sensible as he is, and with the number of big-buck endorsement deals that he has, I can only imagine that Peyton wouldn't ever "need" to work another day in his life.

I don't see him as a coach, but I could see him groomed to be a GM-type, in much the same career path that Elway took.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 10:57:37 pm »

As sensible as he is, and with the number of big-buck endorsement deals that he has, I can only imagine that Peyton wouldn't ever "need" to work another day in his life.

I don't see him as a coach, but I could see him groomed to be a GM-type, in much the same career path that Elway took.

Wonder how long he takes before he decides his future?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray